Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livery in South Dublin....

Options
  • 07-02-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I am looking for livery in south Dublin. sandyford,enniskeey,stepaside area. Indoor arena is a must. Anyone know of any? grass livery diy or full livery doesnt bother me. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Brooke Lodge has a great indoor! They may be full but worth a call.
    Carrickmines & Killegar also both have indoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

I'd highly recommend Hawthorn lodge, near Glencullen/Kilternan/Killegar, they do Grass Livery, DIY & full livery. Really nice yard (and people) with an arena (and jumps). I think that their pricing is probably the best in the area, you could call Shona <snip>

Oh, they have a Facebook page: www.facebook.com/HawthornLodge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Hawthorn don't have an indoor unfortunately !

AFAIK Brooke Lodge have a limited number of DIY spaces available, but they fill up fast OP.

Another one of our fine boardsies will hopefully be on shortly, she is a livery up there and may be able to tell you more :)

http://www.brookelodgeliveryyard.com/

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Hawthorn don't have an indoor unfortunately !

That's true, but the prices at Hawthorn make up for that and it's perfectly located for hacking. My daughter wouldn't dream of moving from Hawthorn, loves the place and say she doesn't miss having an indoor arena - of course, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

dave66 wrote: »
    That's true, but the prices at Hawthorn make up for that and it's perfectly located for hacking. My daughter wouldn't dream of moving from Hawthorn, loves the place and say she doesn't miss having an indoor arena - of course, each to their own.

I've heard great things of Hawthorn and have been on the yard myself, very nice yard! You could consider moving to Hawthorn OP and enquire to Killegar about indoor rental? Killegar is only a short hack down the road from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ilovemarmite

I did a horse share in Hawthorn for a short while, nice yard and everyone was so lovely and friendly which I think is really important. It is very close to Killegar if you ever wanted to hack down for a lesson and I think Hawthorn has horsebox for use of clients if you do not have one so you could use to go to Brooke Lodge or Boswell etc for their facilities.

Killegar does livery too, I think you can do full or diy and some people do livery where there horse/pony is used in some lessons which might suit depending on your horse and how much you ride. Lovely place and they really care about all the horses a lot and they get very good care, everyone who works there is lovely and anyone I know who rides there or has horses there is friendly and nice. It has outdoor and small indoor.

Have heard good things about Brooke Lodge too but haven't been there myself since it was also a riding school, I think a Boardie here is there if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

I think that fine boardie might be me marmite and ahyeah? :) Im in Brooke Lodge! Hawthorn is lovely and the prices are great, but for anyone wanting to school for competing i think the arena is too small! I was there for a good few months and left for that reason. Also the hill up to the yard is nothing short of a terrifying experience with a horsebox! In brooke lodge now on DIY and facilities are fantastic, its great value for money and there's onsite lessons with various professional riders which is brilliant!
    As regards renting Killegar's indoor - it is TINY - wouldnt be worth it for anything over 13.2!!!!

I think that fine boardie might be me marmite and ahyeah? :) Im in Brooke Lodge! Hawthorn is lovely and the prices are great, but for anyone wanting to school for competing i think the arena is too small! I was there for a good few months and left for that reason. Also the hill up to the yard is nothing short of a terrifying experience with a horsebox! In brooke lodge now on DIY and facilities are fantastic, its great value for money and there's onsite lessons with various professional riders which is brilliant!
    As regards renting Killegar's indoor - it is TINY - wouldnt be worth it for anything over 13.2!!!!

Yeah was talking about you silverfox :D

I ride at Killegar and love it but indoor is very small indeed, not much room to go anywhere if your horse gets over excited or goes too fast suddenly :)

The hill is bad enough it my tiny little car could imagine what it is like in a horsebox when you meet another car!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Yeah was talking about you silverfox :D

I ride at Killegar and love it but indoor is very small indeed, not much room to go anywhere if your horse gets over excited or goes too fast suddenly :)

The hill is bad enough it my tiny little car could imagine what it is like in a horsebox when you meet another car!

I think I have lost several years of my life as a result of meeting another car on the way up the hill with the box... Cold sweat just thinking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I was talking about you silverfox ;)

Yep have been up that road myself and I get knots in my stomach, I met a group of horses coming towards me and a car behind me once, nightmare!

• Advertisement

Yep have been up that road myself and I get knots in my stomach, I met a group of horses coming towards me and a car behind me once, nightmare!

I nearly had a heart attack driving it in the dark one evening.

Hehe, it's not that bad, or it could be I'm used to it at this stage as I'm on the road at least 5-6 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Did you get sorted OP?
    horse2 wrote: »
    Hi I am looking for livery in south Dublin. sandyford,enniskeey,stepaside area. Indoor arena is a must. Anyone know of any? grass livery diy or full livery doesnt bother me. thanks

Advertisement