Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying UKash in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 07-02-2013 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I need to get a UKash voucher to transfer some money but every shop I ring listed on the UKash website says they dont do them, has anyone bought one recently around town? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Never heard of UKash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I think a lot of places stopped doing them after the bad pr that surrounds the UKash computer virus. (Nothing to do with UKash btw, just what the fraudsters were using)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

There's a newsagent on Meath Street that sells them if that's any use yo you OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

http://www.ukash.com/en-IE/where-to-get/
    on their website, enter your street and they will tell you your closet agent

Read the OP again. They've rang loads if the places listed but they no longer do them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

My local Payzone agent is listed there, but are refusing to sell UKcash. They only sell PaySafeCard vouchers. So that site is useless.

As an aside I love when you go to a Payzone outlet, see the stickers advertising the prepaid cards on the door, but when you talk to the person behind the counter they give you an indignant "we don't sell those here", strange look and a smirk to the other staff as if you're talking gibberish. Clueless idiots.

aphex™ wrote: »
    My local Payzone agent is listed there, but are refusing to sell UKcash. They only sell PaySafeCard vouchers. So that site is useless.

As an aside I love when you go to a Payzone outlet, see the stickers advertising the prepaid cards on the door, but when you talk to the person behind the counter they give you an indignant "we don't sell those here", strange look and a smirk to the other staff as if you're talking gibberish. Clueless idiots.

I'd blame the store owners/managers rather than the staff tbh. Them not knowing about it is purely down to bad training.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

P_1 wrote: »
    There's a newsagent on Meath Street that sells them if that's any use yo you OP
    Thanks for the reply, is that confirmed and recent? As in you've done it? Because if you saw it on a map or website or anything like that it might not mean anything, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

Thargor wrote: »
    Hi, I need to get a UKash voucher to transfer some money but every shop I ring listed on the UKash website says they dont do them, has anyone bought one recently around town? Thanks.

Dont know if centra in town does them the one in popintree ballymun do them and the centra on st papins road glasnevin do them too if that helps

Advertisement