Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Screen Error 0x000086

Options
  • 07-02-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Hoping someone may be able to help me on this!

I searched for bluescreen and got a few results but none for this specific error message. I hope it's ok to make a new thread.

Basically my PC was originally Vista. It crashed a year or so ago and I left it in to be repaired. They replaced Vista with Windows 7 and it was grand up until the other day.

It crashed and presently won't boot...at all. I've tried running last know good configuration, that doesn't work it just crashes again.
    System repair brings me to the blue screen with the error code 0x000086.
    Starting in Safe Mode the windows screen loads and then it crashes.

So, what are my options. I don't have a OS disc and I'm REALLY not tech savvy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
    Z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

That error relates to this message:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms819351.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Thanks a million for taking the time to reply.
    I've had a read of the link and the problem is I haven't installed anything new in a long time so I have nothing to remove to fix it.
    Any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks
    z

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Do you have any USB devices connected? That can cause the same issue. If nothing else works, you can try a windows repair using a windows 7 disk. You can find windows 7 images here

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Thanks again for the link!

I'll have a look at that. Much appreciated
    z

Advertisement