Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RSA proposes regulation of vehicle modifications (including bike/trikes)

• 07-02-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭

On behalf of MAG Ireland:
    The RSA have published a proposal for regulation of vehicle modifications including bikes and trikes.
    MAG Ireland is studying the document and will be making a formal response in due course.
    The two options being offered are (i) self declaration or (ii) a test to approve the modification(s).

You will find the MAG Ireland post here
    The RSA page on this is here
    Download the consultation document (PDF) from here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

here we go again....
    thanks for the heads up.

when you're done considering..tell them NO.

my bike and my cars are taxed , insured and well maintained by professionals. whats under my bonnet or the arches is of no concern to the RSA, they have potholes, and farmers spreading ****e all over the roads to deal with.
    tell them to enforce pedestrian hi viz vests..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

Another scam run by goverment to squeeze money from us. Soon you wont be able to put a sticker on you're bike without geting it aprroved first. Anything to force u to spend money on a useless mechanic instead doing it properly yourself. The only thing goverment forgot is mechanic doesn't give a crap as he wont be riding the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I have about 10k worth of stuff stuck to my R1 and all of it is better than the original factory stuff. So this makes perfect sense :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

if the RSA want to save lifes, they should clamp down on current road users and lack of adhersion to existing road rules. Red lights, lanes, roundabouts, modile phone use etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

RSA is trying to justify their existence by attempting to enforce Continental EU rules on a country which is not that far away from Africa in road conditions and driver ability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Fecking waste of time they've nothing better to be doing.

I sent the Road Safety Authority a problem about an unsafe road and they respond by saying its outside their remit!
    How many road deaths are caused by modifications? Close to zero I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

well I reckon its important to fill in the forms and give the feedback direct to RSA, they have no brief for this. the car ppl are also getting twitchy about it (about time). I hope to be corrected but I'm not aware that statistics on causes of road fatalities are published? if not then RSA are launching a drive on aspriations.. this is not one where we moan to each other and let it go..

Advertisement