Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another poster thread, but slightly diff!

• 07-02-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,

I know there are plenty of posters thread.
    I'm essentially looking at getting posters in A1/A2 sizes printed... at a reasonable price and in very small quantities(1 or 2).

I need to print 1.large size graphics, these need not be super high quality
    2.pictures, these can be a little more expensive, and decent quality.

Ideally if this could entirely be done online and sent by mail, that'd be best.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,753 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The only difference between printing one and printing 10 is the ink and paper. Either way it takes the same length to set the job up, the actual printing is a minor part of the procedure.

The only way to find a printer is by searching on line and comparing them. But remember that the cheapest printers are just going to put your document/ key/cd/whatever into the machine and print what comes out. If what comes out is not what you expect, that's your problem. Unless you are experienced in getting printing done, especially graphics, you would be better to go somewhere and see what happens when they put the work onto the computer.

At least make sure your documents are in programs they will accept, in formats they will accept, and at the appropriate resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DeathWolf

Agreed. However for graphics&charts the print quality&colors is not that relevant.

I'm finding it hard to find a cheap one online that does bigger sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,753 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Maybe you should try 'digital art and design' forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Read moved with permanent redirect in arts and crafts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DeathWolf

thanks Cork_girl, looksee:)

Digital Art & Design folks, basically just searching for a cheap printer for A0/A1/A2 posters of graphics/drawings(not pictures, so doesn't need to be color perfect)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

DeathWolf wrote: »
    thanks Cork_girl, looksee:)

Digital Art & Design folks, basically just searching for a cheap printer for A0/A1/A2 posters of graphics/drawings(not pictures, so doesn't need to be color perfect)

Where are you based Deathwolf?

Advertisement