Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minecraft no broadband ?!

• 07-02-2013 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

My daughter friend has an Xbox 360 I think. It's his birthday and in want to know is it possible to down load Minecraft from the site once I connect via broad band. Once downloaded can he playboy off line as he doesn't have broadband ??
    Anyone know how much it is. ?!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Yes, you can play it offline as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

you can play it offline no problem, the only issue is getting the game onto the console in the first place.

The Xbox marketplace works with something called DRM - Digital rights management. When you buy content, you're not actually buying the game itself, you're buying the license to download and use that content. With games you get two licenses - one for the console that the game is purchased on, and one for the profile that purchased it. Confused yet? here's an example:

I like a game called worms. I bought it on my console at home. My console now has the license for that game, so anyone using my console can play this game as the license (permission) is stuck to the console.

My profile also has the license for the game, so I can now download and play this game on any console I like. A few weeks ago I downloaded the game onto a console in work and played away happily. The game is downloaded onto the console, yet I am the only one that can play it because I'm the only one with the License for the game. Anyone else that hasn't yet purchased Worms won't be allowed to play it on the console in work.

Here's the tricky bit - if you want to buy Minecraft for this kid, you'll need to download it onto his console, and you'll have to be signed in to an online profile to buy it. Your best bet is to get the console around to your house, connect it to the internet, create an online profile, then buy the game. Would probably be safe to delete the online profile from the console once you're done so your card/paypal information isn't accessible from then on in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I think you might be mixing up Minecarft for the PC with Minecraft from Xbox live. The site online (minecraft.net) is where you purchase the game for your computer. You're going to need to download the game onto his xbox from the xbox marketplace.

The marketplace uses a points based currency. Minecraft is currently 1600 Microsoft points, which is about 20 euro. Best bet is the method mentioned just above me.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Thanks I found this out the hardway.I ended up settign him up woith an email ccount, then a microsfot account , then an xbox account.Then had to fly to gamestop to get points, but its done, all over and he was delighted with his birthday present.
    Thanks all,Cathy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Good job on getting it sorted! Hope he enjoys it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement