Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re wire transfer reception fee

Options
  • 07-02-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

I recently had a wire transfer from a business in america when it arrived in my account in bank of ireland 25 euro was deducted how can this be, the institution in us did not charge me
    Yet the recieving bank did, please explain

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dharn,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There is a charge for receiving an incoming payment from outside the EU/EEA. You can find more information on these charges here. There may also have been intermediary bank charges, which relate to their role in transmitting and processing the payment and they can vary. If you contact your branch, a representative will be more than happy to request a Swift Advice of payment for you. This will show a breakdown of any charges that have been deducted, the rate applicable etc. Contact details for your branch can be found here

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement