Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Football Boots

Options
  • 07-02-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has ever returned faulty football boots and would they know what constitutes faulty football boots?

I got a new pair for xmas, cost roughly €200 and a moulded plastic stud broke off during my third match in them. I've attached a photo of where the stud broke...it was right where it joins to the boot.

Would this warrant a refund or replacement?

Thank!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

kdarcy9 wrote: »
    Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has ever returned faulty football boots and would they know what constitutes faulty football boots?

I got a new pair for xmas, cost roughly €200 and a moulded plastic stud broke off during my third match in them. I've attached a photo of where the stud broke...it was right where it joins to the boot.

Would this warrant a refund or replacement?

Thank!

To me that would warrant a refund/repair/replacement. Which one would depend on the shop really to be honest. They dont have to refund immediately in all cases. They may send it off to be examined by the manufacturer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

kdarcy9 wrote: »
    cost roughly €200

WT... I though sailing gear was expensive!

Back to the shop - being used for what they should be being used for so replacement or repair in a reasonable time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

chris85 wrote: »
    They may send it off to be examined by the manufacturer.

Hi KDarcy9,

I had a look at you pic and would say the shop might argue with you. Look at the metal tip, they might try to claim you were walking on unsuitable surfaces.

Please let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kdarcy9

Cheers for the imput - thats from walking from the dressing room to the pitch but to save the hassle - I'll change the studs before I go to the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kdarcy9

Elverys refunded these without a fuss....top customer service

• Advertisement
Advertisement