Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with charity table quiz [venue?]

Options
  • 07-02-2013 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, very early stages of trying to organise a table quiz for the sports club. Thinking of linking in with a charity in hopes of getting some randomers in. Thinking maybe jigsaw or Galway hospice.

I'm really looking for ideas on venues. Has anyone been to a table quiz lately that they really enjoyed? Also with spot prizes. Is this just a case of walking up and down shop street looking for donations?

Thanks in advance
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

monroes host alot of tables quizzes. they have a room at the back with its own bar and they would supply some finger food also which can be nice to have

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've been at quizzes in Huntsman and Kingsvalley hotel, both good.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=charity+quiz+venues+galway+site%3Aboards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,087 ✭✭✭Guffy

Cheers guys was in both Monroe's and the huntsman before really enjoyed the huntsman.

Any ideas for prizes or how I go about getting some?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Friends of mine hosted a quiz in Kellys last year, Fr Ted quiz, they didn't think that many people would come but it was packed! They went to shops around town and got a few random things off each of them, Boots, Origin and Pennys were some of who gave prizes. Worked out to be a very successful night, but Kellys said that they needed at least 80 people attend the quiz or they would have been charged for the room

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭anoda_username

Ive been to good few table quizzes in the huntsman it's a good venue

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Kellys worst of the bunch, imo. The Skeff/Monroes/Kings Head would be the best, I would say.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

DeBurgo's is a great venue for a quiz, it has zero mobile reception so no chance of smartphone cheating!

Also you'll be able to host it on a Saturday and Sunday, other pubs might not want to give up space on busy nights like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Been at quizzes in the Skeff, the Huntsman and the Oslo before. The Skeff was the worst by miles. They used a projector screen so the people hosting it had no input. I thought it really killed the atmosphere. Everybody was just staring at the screen....waiting. I like table quizzes that have an MC but, maybe I'm just old fashioned like that.
    Huntsman and the Oslo were both good fun

Edit: Was also at some in The Office in Salthill and The Victoria Hotel. Thought they were good too

Advertisement