Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Garda cert Question

Options
  • 07-02-2013 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi all i have just a quick question does the IEC Garda cert have to show a record of your whole life history or would it be acceptable to have the garda cert from 2009 onwards?:confused:,Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

Full history.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I would assume IEC would be looking for more than 4 years in a Garda certificate. My request as well as a few others i've seen did not specify a 'since' date and the certificate was general assuming covering my whole life history. Guess depends how thorough the garda was.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

fergusb wrote: »
    I would assume IEC would be looking for more than 4 years in a Garda certificate. My request as well as a few others i've seen did not specify a 'since' date and the certificate was general assuming covering my whole life history. Guess depends how thorough the garda was.

Oh the reason i ask is that in 2008 i was done for drink driving and i got a conviction on my record,so if i applyed for a garda cert from 2009 to present would it show that it was just from 2009 to present on the cert or would it not disclose it?cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

its says its your full history. it dosnt give you the option mate of applying from a certain year this will show up on you cert i am afraid and will probably effect your visa DUI is a big thing in canada.

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    its says its your full history.

Ah crap,ah well all i can do is wait until the spent convection bill comes in,and apply next year

• Advertisement

but it will read the same next year i am afraid that will be on your record for life:(

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    but it will read the same next year i am afraid that will be on your record for life:(

No i got a email from justice.ie and oireachtas.ie

Under section 12 of the Bill, where a person requests a copy of their own
    criminal record from An Garda Síochána, the record will be provided in two
    parts, one containing any spent convictions and one containing any
    "unspent" convictions.

Maybe there is hope,also is there anyone here who got the visa with a DUI conviction?

dont no what that means all i know is canada requires a full history or at least the ten years anyway and any crime/conviction you have will appear on that cert. i think after 10 years you have some chance of applying to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

I have a Garda certificate of character which states that I have never committed a crime or offence ever whilst living in Ireland. If that's not enough I don't know what is!

Advertisement