Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle at home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

balls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Awful defending.

Dembele is a shadow of the player he was the first half of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

irishmover wrote: »
    Awful defending.

it was a deflection, what could be done about it

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

Is it just me or does Dempsey frustrate the hell of everyone!!! Painful player to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well Newcastle are well up for this, and see that they can get at least a draw here. They're sticking a lot of players up the pitch and we don't seem to be able to get past them. It's a worry that we're spending a lot of time in our own half but hopefully we can come out in the 2nd half and step up a gear.

mickman wrote: »

Let me correct myself then. Awful defending in the build up to the goal. There's more to a goal than just the shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

mickman wrote: »
    Naughton was left for dead for their goal,he's poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Should get Ade on for Dempsey pronto.

tippspur wrote: »
    Should get Ade on for Dempsey pronto.

Agreed by a million. Game there to be won. But we need a bigger man to make Taylor etc work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Dembele is a shadow of the player he was the first half of the season.
    That's because he's playing with Parker, who offers him very little.

This is the quickest tempo I've ever seen us play, and it seems to be Parker setting the tone. Why?? Why isn't he, and the rest of the players, taking their time in possession, and actually trying to create something from proper football rather than blinding pace, which not even Barca would be able to do. When Parker gets the ball it's like he's trying to race everyone else to the end line, I just don't understand it. He shouldn't be looking for possession, he doesn't have the technical ability nor the positional awareness to damage the opposition, and I'm sick of him plondering forward and the other players like Lennon being forced to pass to him.
    Remember when Sandro was playing, how often did he plonder forward? Very little from what I remember. He knew his role, and he knew not to go into the final third. Parker needs to be told that. He's hindering our offensive progress.

Oh and when will walker learn not to ball watch!!! Every week. Surely opposition mangers target our full backs!!! Very weak there from a defensive point of view.

Actually watching it again. Awful is putting it light.

First of all 4 players around Gutierrez. Allowed to play the ball. Nobody marking Sissoko. Dawson and Walker both follow Cisse allowing Gouffran to find loads of space to make a heavyish touch on the ball and get his shot off. Woeful.

WHAT THE FCUK is Dawson doing lumping the ball up the field Carragher-esque style!!?? I'm hardly the only person that's just bloody sick of seeing him lump pointless balls up the field..

Dempsey!! FFS, he keeps trying these ridiculous shots from distance :mad:

THFC wrote: »
    WHAT THE FCUK is Dawson doing lumping the ball up the field Carragher-esque style!!?? I'm hardly the only person that's just bloody sick of seeing him lump pointless balls up the field..

He always does it. He's been doing it since he was at Nottingham Forest. Another player I never rated. I must have something against English players...

It wouldn't be so bad if he was capable of doing it but he can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ade for Dempsey please

Has there been a worse performance this season? Not one single player has been playing well.

Holtby instead of Dempsey? Weird one.

Parker is just utter shít..

• Advertisement

Dempsey stays on the pitch and Holtby comes off... What...

Newcastle are playing ****e aswell to be fair. That's the only good thing about it. Game is **** apart from first 5 mins.

Yes, nice one Bale

Bale is carrying this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

bale part deux

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

why is he not in my FF team :P

Get in. Class act. Class act.

We don't need a striker :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Has there been a worse performance this season? Not one single player has been playing well.

caulker / dawson / parker / bale have all played well

• Advertisement

I'd like to see Vertonghen on for Parker and have him sit infront of Dawson and Caulker. He can play there and would cut off Newcastle attacks better for the last few mins.

Advertisement