Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle at home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

mickman wrote: »
    caulker / dawson / parker / bale have all played well

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

irishmover wrote: »
    I'd like to see Vertonghen on for Parker and have him sit infront of Dawson and Caulker. He can play there and would cut off Newcastle attacks better for the last few mins.

parker is one of the best central midfielders in the game at breaking up play and putting in tackles

parker is one of the best central midfielders in the game at breaking up play and putting in tackles

Yes but he's having a **** game and is a liability right now. Also Sandro is better at breaking up play than Parker.

As is Dawson.

Bale is the only one having a decent game. Hence why I said he's carrying the team.

Yes but he's having a **** game and is a liability right now. Also Sandro is better at breaking up play than Parker.

he is not having a terrible game. he has done his normal duties and has set lennon free several times with nice passes. what more do you want him to do ?

• Advertisement

?

is this a question ?

bale has scored 2 goals

parker has broken up play

the two CB's have done their jobs hence they have played well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That should have been a red - crazy high tackle there.

he is not having a terrible game. he has done his normal duties and has set lennon free several times with nice passes. what more do you want him to do ?

Watching different matches then. We never seem to be in the same wavelength. Infact not one thing have I ever seen you agree with me so I guess I'll stop replying to you as its getting boring.

Cabaye is trying to do some serious damage to Dembele. Two awful tackles in a row.

Watching different matches then. We never seem to be in the same wavelength. Infact not one thing have I ever seen you agree with me so I guess I'll stop replying to you as its getting boring.

Cabaye is trying to do some serious damage to Dembele. Two awful tackles in a row.

well buddy , considering the fact that you spend the last 90 mins posting stuff on this forum , maybe you in fact have actually missed the match entirely

and no i dont agree with your negativity at all. you seem to have totally unreliastic expectations of players.

well buddy , considering the fact that you spend the last 90 mins posting stuff on this forum , maybe you in fact have actually missed the match entirely

and no i dont agree with your negativity at all. you seem to have totally unreliastic expectations of players.

Yeh. Just no.

• Advertisement

What a save by Lloris

Yeh. Just no.

you havent mentioned australia yet today :-)

Bale is just something else, he really is

YES!!! Great win, love it haha!!

Thank Christ that miss wasn't the difference.

Terrible match. Three good things from the game. We've a good goalkeeper who makes that one world class save when needed to win a match. We can get three points while still playing bad and Gareth Bale is on form.

Newcastle were also terrible which I guess helped alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Only five points behind Citeh!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

that will do........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

You're right,some lads get carried away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

One man team at the moment. Dawson is the rock...and some wanted rid?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Huge win,

Bale really is becoming the real deal. If results go our way it could be a brilliant weekend for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

You must be taking the piss with this one. Dawson didn't have much to do, but he did his best to play one two's with Krul all day. Parker, well, Parker was utter shít on the ball. Probably the worst I've seen him play in a Spurs jersey. You can say he played well from a defensive P.O.V. (which I would disagree with) but that just can not overshadow what he did on the ball. We won in spite of him today, we got 2 goals, neither of which came from us playing football, one was a free, the other was a massive defensive error from Coloccini in particular (who actually had a marvellous game).
    Newcastle will be kicking themselves they didn't get anything from today, Bale won it for us, I would only say Lennon and Lloris had good games, most others with blowing hot and cold. Walker has improved a lot since Christmas but is still a long way from his best. BAE should be starting and Livermore should be given a go ahead of Parker.

Brilliant win against an improving team,I don't know what some lads expect I thought Parker had a fine game,Walker had a good second half as did Dembele.and we must give the manager credit aswel.

QPR, Norwich, West Brom and now Newcastle. Not a decent performance to be had and yet still unbeaten.

Since Man United we've been very poor but gotten results. Slightly worried about Arsenal, Everton, Man City and Chelsea matches.

At the moment if the nullify Bale they'll win and I'm sure they know it too.

Also feel I should mention Holtby. Had an average game when players around him were average at best too. Was surprised by the substitute but maybe AVB was not playing favoritism. I think nobody wanted to see Dempsey remain on the pitch. What was he doing soloing that ball in the box?

THFC wrote: »
    You must be taking the piss with this one. Dawson didn't have much to do, but he did his best to play one two's with Krul all day. Parker, well, Parker was utter shít on the ball. Probably the worst I've seen him play in a Spurs jersey. You can say he played well from a defensive P.O.V. (which I would disagree with) but that just can not overshadow what he did on the ball. We won in spite of him today, we got 2 goals, neither of which came from us playing football, one was a free, the other was a massive defensive error from Coloccini in particular (who actually had a marvellous game).
    Newcastle will be kicking themselves they didn't get anything from today, Bale won it for us, I would only say Lennon and Lloris had good games, most others with blowing hot and cold. Walker has improved a lot since Christmas but is still a long way from his best. BAE should be starting and Livermore should be given a go ahead of Parker.

couple of other lads have already agreed with me that these players played well today. I really dont know what game you were watching when you say lennon had a good game ?? by his standards over the past few weeks , today was his worst performance in many a game. Every single time he got free he gave a bad ball across the box

walker has improved ???? He was also very poor today - time and time again he made the wrong decision on what to do and gave the ball away plenty

I will say it again, lloris / dawson / caulker / bale / parker all did well today

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    One man team at the moment. Dawson is the rock...and some wanted rid?

I thought he had a poor game, however that amazing block at the very end could well have stopped a goal so I won't say much else except, still feel Vertonghen and Kaboul would be my preferred partnership. Atleast our midfielders wouldn't have to watch the ball fly over their heads constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

thank god bale is on form, because we simply would not have won otherwise.
    i'm happy with caulker and bales performances. loris was solid and made a vital save in the end. despite what people are sayin i thought lennon played quite well, he worked his socks off defensively but he still lacks dat final ball. i like holtby alot, feel hes gona be a great player for us.

i dont agree with parker havin a gud game, he was average at best - too one-dimensional. it doesnt suit dembele either when he plays beside him and it showed today. what was dempsey doin shooting from outside the box all the time? he drove me mad most of the time. finally i think walker needs to be dropped, play naughton and benny as the wing backs. walker just hasnt been up to standard this seaon, in particular his decision makin is letting him down big time.

i know a lot of negativity there but we didnt play well at all. on the bright side we ground out this result while playin badly. onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Story with the 'get well soon joe' tshirts?..joe Jordan sick?

Heard on Sky that Joe Parks, son of Tony, is critically ill.

ruiseal wrote: »
    Heard on Sky that Joe Parks, son of Tony, is critically ill.
    Best of luck to him,was in a car crash as far as i know.

QPR, Norwich, West Brom and now Newcastle. Not a decent performance to be had and yet still unbeaten.

Since Man United we've been very poor but gotten results. Slightly worried about Arsenal, Everton, Man City and Chelsea matches.

At the moment if the nullify Bale they'll win and I'm sure they know it too.

Also feel I should mention Holtby. Had an average game when players around him were average at best too. Was surprised by the substitute but maybe AVB was not playing favoritism. I think nobody wanted to see Dempsey remain on the pitch. What was he doing soloing that ball in the box?
    We dominated the first four matches that you mentioned by a mile,we also dominated the UTD game and again today,we're 10 league games unbeaten,some people are never happy.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

couple of other lads have already agreed with me that these players played well today. I really dont know what game you were watching when you say lennon had a good game ?? by his standards over the past few weeks , today was his worst performance in many a game. Every single time he got free he gave a bad ball across the box

walker has improved ???? He was also very poor today - time and time again he made the wrong decision on what to do and gave the ball away plenty

I will say it again, lloris / dawson / caulker / bale / parker all did well today
    Lennon had a good game, not a great game, of which he has been having quite a few recently, but he certainly had a good game.
    Walker has improved, and I don't you quite understand me here. I did not say he had a good game, I thought he was average at best, but he has at least improved from when he was the drain in our defence.
    I just can't agree with you about Parker, he's a blunt knife, the sort of player mid-table teams are happy with. Our midfield loses all cohesiveness with him in there, he just doesn't have a footballing brain and as a result Dembele suffers. If, if, he could cop on to the fact that his one role is to break play up then he would be a good player for us, but he seems to think he adds something to our attack, which is just blatantly obvious that he doesn't. When he goes forward you can see the players are unwilling to pass to him, but the opposition don't pick him up (for a reason) so he often is their sole option. Dawson, similarly, would be a fine player if he didn't take it upon himself to hit 16 Hollywood passes a game (something he just cannot do). Just lay it off to someone who can actually pick out a pass.

Advertisement