Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Management International

Options
  • 07-02-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Anybody here work for them? any tips or info on them what they are like and what yee need to know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

To put it mildly it wouldn't be for me. I know a few people who packed it in with them. I think they sell energy supply to the OZ market, I'm sure someone on the forum here has more experience with them than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

ziedth wrote: »
    To put it mildly it wouldn't be for me. I know a few people who packed it in with them. I think they sell energy supply to the OZ market, I'm sure someone on the forum here has more experience with them than me.

Yeah i was looking for people with more direct experience, the thing about it is if you get experience in their of a call centre you could go to other call centres with that experience behind you?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

Someone I know has been there the last month making sales .. He loves it and feels targets aren't crazy ... Very different reaction than I expected from her considering what some people have been saying about it
    Hope that helps

Someone I know has been there the last month making sales .. He loves it and feels targets aren't crazy ... Very different reaction than I expected from her considering what some people have been saying about it
    Hope that helps

Yeah it does thanks! Ive no experince what so ever, Does this mean like that if your not making good sales then they let you go? how many staff do they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭roxyworldgirl

I'm not sure I'd expect,like most jobs, that if you were under performing then yes theyd let you go but it's only something like two a year. None needed as far as I know and a good few staff and canteen etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Yeah i was looking for people with more direct experience, the thing about it is if you get experience in their of a call centre you could go to other call centres with that experience behind you?

I was in AOL for 8 years and from what I've heard I wouldn't touch that CMI place with a bargepole. A cousin of mine worked there for a month and then quit.

I'd say if you can hack it in CMI then other call centres would be a doddle compared to it.

Thanks for letting me know, anybody else got any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Thanks for letting me know, anybody else got any info?
    Don't work there I did its bad.

Don't work there I did its bad.

Do tell?

Well maybe if you want to send me a PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

did you get offered a job there or are you just curious about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

AFAIK you have to be registered as self employed to work for them?

Meatwad wrote: »
    did you get offered a job there or are you just curious about it?

Well i have been called for interview!

Well i have been called for interview!

good luck with it.But as a few others have stated, wouldn't work ther myself but you never know how you'll get on till you have a go yourself.Be a bit of experience if nothing else.

Yeah as far as i know they have a high turn over of staff, at least it will be an experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

AFAIK you have to be registered as self employed to work for them?

That was a rumour going around a while ago but I'm pretty sure they gave up on that idea.

That was a rumour going around a while ago but I'm pretty sure they gave up on that idea.

Do you know anything of this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sheldor_91

Lads would anyone recommended this place? i have got offered a job in there and i dont know whether to take it as i have been in call centres before and hated it. I was depressed and hated goin in to work so im wondering is it worth it? or should i keep the head down and keep looking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Sheldor_91 wrote: »
    Lads would anyone recommended this place? i have got offered a job in there and i dont know whether to take it as i have been in call centres before and hated it. I was depressed and hated goin in to work so im wondering is it worth it? or should i keep the head down and keep looking ?
    Don't do it keep looking.

Sheldor_91 wrote: »

Surely it would be worth a try, I spoke to them at length about my personal situation and where i was at over the phone and they were really nice about it, even when i told them i couldnt make it for interview they were really understanding and told me to keep in touch, I have since got another part time job but why not just give it a try.

If you go and tell them what your concerns are and be honest with them then im sure theyd be glad to hear that, maybe not all of what youve said but that your eager to work and your only concern is that it could be like a call centre you worked in before that you werent happy in,

Just give it a go, beats staying at home, if your leaving from another job then thats a different story!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I haven't worked directly for CMI but I have worked for a similar company abroad for 6 weeks and my honest advice is to stay well clear. When I went for the job, I was really impressed with the professional approach the interviewers and company had but once you get offered the job and are handed that headset, you realise their job is to rope you in. You aren't seen as a human being, you are seen as a machine who is required to sit in front of a screen for 7 hours of the day and proceed through approx 50 outbound calls a day that you have no control of (automatic dialler). You get abused, cursed at and hung up on. When you do get talking to a potential customer, you have a sales coach in your ear pestering you to make a pitch and close the sale.

I'm not sure about CMI but in the company I worked for I had a base retainer of €250 a week for a month and when the month was up I was on commission only which is so, so hard and I can't stress that enough. I had to register my own taxes too which was a pain in the backside.

If you are a freak and love stress and misery, go for it. Unless you are really, really stuck I'd stay well clear and wait for something else to come along. There are jobs out there but don't expect to see them online or in newspapers.

Best of luck in whatever you decide you do.

PS. I used to work for AOL for a few years and actually liked it so if you have been in a call centre position before and hated it then this definitely isn't for you.

• Advertisement

I haven't worked directly for CMI but I have worked for a similar company abroad for 6 weeks and my honest advice is to stay well clear. When I went for the job, I was really impressed with the professional approach the interviewers and company had but once you get offered the job and are handed that headset, you realise their job is to rope you in. You aren't seen as a human being, you are seen as a machine who is required to sit in front of a screen for 7 hours of the day and proceed through approx 50 outbound calls a day that you have no control of (automatic dialler). You get abused, cursed at and hung up on. When you do get talking to a potential customer, you have a sales coach in your ear pestering you to make a pitch and close the sale.

I'm not sure about CMI but in the company I worked for I had a base retainer of €250 a week for a month and when the month was up I was on commission only which is so, so hard and I can't stress that enough. I had to register my own taxes too which was a pain in the backside.

If you are a freak and love stress and misery, go for it. Unless you are really, really stuck I'd stay well clear and wait for something else to come along. There are jobs out there but don't expect to see them online or in newspapers.

Sorry to hear about your experience, but in an air of fairness, we dont know for sure if CMI are the same, I know that they pay 18,000 or just a bit more starting off! thats just what i know, Also they dont ask for you to pay your own taxes etc, Just give it a go, they cant hold you down in the seat and you can get up and leave when you want, no harm in trying

Sorry to hear about your experience, but in an air of fairness, we dont know for sure if CMI are the same, I know that they pay 18,000 or just a bit more starting off! thats just what i know, Also they dont ask for you to pay your own taxes etc, Just give it a go, they cant hold you down in the seat and you can get up and leave when you want, no harm in trying

Thanks for all the help, i dont think it would be for me tho cos i was in call centres before and dreaded going in and that was normal hours this place is going to be half 2am to 11 am in morning which is horrible for 8.65 an hour. Thats physically and metally draining to a human being. And then if i got up and left my social welfare would be screwed up , if ya leave a job you have to wait 9-10 weeeks for money to come through without the back pay of those weeks. i dont know if its worth the risk really cos then im screwed altogether, surely if i keep the head down and keep looking ill find something better than these hours/job?

PS. I used to work for AOL for a few years and actually liked it so if you have been in a call centre position before and hated it then this definitely isn't for you.

I agree to be honest and the hours in there are horrible, half 2 to 11 am i dont think its worth the hours/stress and misery, or the money 8.65 for those hours, id probably be better off keeping the head down, like you said if i didnt like call centre work before then theres no point. Thanks for your help

I've heard great reports about Cmi , my friend works there. The management are very helpful and supportive. Added bonus for you boys the manager is very hot according to my friend. Go for it what have you got to lose :)

"My Friend"...eh.You wouldn't happen to be the manager by any chance ,with your first post being in this thread?
    What do people have to loose? Wasting their time working for nothing for a bunch of scam artists in a company named like something out of StepBrothers....who drving my boat???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I think the majority of call centres are the same.. Imo there's a limit to how much negativity you can put up with for peanuts which is minimum wage. I lasted just about a year in eishtec hated every second of it, they are a terrible crowd to work for and go through staff like theres no tomorrow but somehow all that gets mentioned in the media is how many people they are hiring and nothing is said of the amount of people who hand in their notice each month for the genuine reason that they are a shower of c*nts who do nothing more than take advantage of people and treat them like robots.

You cant even take a p*ss in eishtec without someone getting on to you, a basic human right. Your in their 8 1/2 hours per day and they tell you that you have to go to the toilet on your breaks, thats the kind of belittling bullsh*t that goes on in these places and goes unnoticed.

Bottom line these kind of jobs are not worth the pennys they pay for the amount of hours you put in not too mention the amount of pressure that you will be put under, stay clear unless you manage to get part time with x's and o's ;).

Added bonus for you boys the manager is very hot according to my friend. Go for it what have you got to lose :)

A sexual harassment case?

I think the majority of call centres are the same.. Imo there's a limit to how much negativity you can put up with for peanuts which is minimum wage. I lasted just about a year in eishtec hated every second of it, they are a terrible crowd to work for and go through staff like theres no tomorrow but somehow all that gets mentioned in the media is how many people they are hiring and nothing is said of the amount of people who hand in their notice each month for the genuine reason that they are a shower of c*nts who do nothing more than take advantage of people and treat them like robots.

You cant even take a p*ss in eishtec without someone getting on to you, a basic human right. Your in their 8 1/2 hours per day and they tell you that you have to go to the toilet on your breaks, thats the kind of belittling bullsh*t that goes on in these places and goes unnoticed.

Bottom line these kind of jobs are not worth the pennys they pay for the amount of hours you put in not too mention the amount of pressure that you will be put under, stay clear unless you manage to get part time with x's and o's ;).

That has to be against some kind of employment law to say staff can only go to the toilet on their break?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tracyobrien

Ha I couldn't care less , only buzzing with ya!! Think the managers a man anyway he he Everybody so angry .. Just stay away from the place , everybody entitled to their own opinion at the end of day. I have few friends that worked there and some of them hated it. That's life eh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

That has to be against some kind of employment law to say staff can only go to the toilet on their break?

trust me you get 10 minutes personal time per an 8 1/2 hour shift when you go over that personal time they threaten you with warnings, HR meetings etc. They say you have plenty of time to go on your breaks which are two 15 minutes and a 30 minute which your not even paid for.

Its common knowledge that when you eat/drink it takes time for your body to digest it so going to the toilet on your break isnt possible all of the time.

they dont call it helltec for no reason.

• Advertisement

trust me you get 10 minutes personal time per an 8 1/2 hour shift when you go over that personal time they threaten you with warnings, HR meetings etc. They say you have plenty of time to go on your breaks which are two 15 minutes and a 30 minute which your not even paid for.

Its common knowledge that when you eat/drink it takes time for your body to digest it so going to the toilet on your break isnt possible all of the time.

they dont call it helltec for no reason.

No im not doubting you in the slightest, Im just saying that has to be against some kind of employment law!
    ye cant time when you need to go to the toilet and it can have health implications to tell someone they cant go to the toilet.

Advertisement