Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinead O'Connor Magdalene Laundries

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

The only person mentioning X-Factor here is you, sounds like you're hiding a major obsession there.
    Since everyones making assumptions, I'd say he's a massive David Hasseloff fan.....and probably Charlie Chaplin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

The only person mentioning X-Factor here is you, sounds like you're hiding a major obsession there.

And I'll say what I like about Sinead O'Connor, she's a public figure and she goes out looking for publicity all the time with her stupid stunts.

+1 and I've no time for X-Factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I just think its very easy for people to run her down on a chat room and put her and her character down from behind a key board, I for one will defend her and think that she is a great musician so much so that shes made quite a good living out of it despite the fact that she has clear mental health issues, there are alot of people in ireland dealing with that, its just shes got a bigger audience and medium to show this to.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blueboyd

Nope, I say he's a mangy alcoholic who had one good song and rode that for all its worth, just like Sinead O'Connor is an attention whore who had one good song and rode that for all its worth. Its a testament to the dearth of talent in this country that the two of them have become celebrities.

I don't know Sinéad O'Connor and my favourite band is from Sweden but one thing I know - there is not many in Ireland who have been campaigning against child abuse as much as she has, and she was very active in promoting the Children's referendum so that children could be trated finally as individuals and with rights in Ireland, you know the Children's Referendum where only 33,5 % of the Irish people bothered to have an opinion.

And what I have read after the publishing of the report of Magdalen Laundries she pointed out that some of the claims were wrong and even reported to the police an event she had witnessed where a baby was taken away form a young mother and police have now started an investigation if I understood correctly.

And about celebrity I can tell you I once accidentally overheard one quite famous person tell a quite private family matter and only few weeks later it was on the radio and it wasn't me who told them and I don't think it was the person in question either. Makes one wonder.

You have every right to your opinion but the only thing I liked to ask you is whose whore are you then?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

I just love Sinead O'Connor. Fabulous singer and very outspoken. I don't know whether she has mental health issues or not - that's her private business - but the girl certainly knows how to capture an audience. :D:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Blueboyd wrote: »
    I don't know Sinéad O'Connor and my favourite band is from Sweden but one thing I know - there is not many in Ireland who have been campaigning against child abuse as much as she has, and she was very active in promoting the Children's referendum so that children could be trated finally as individuals and with rights in Ireland, you know the Children's Referendum where only 33,5 % of the Irish people bothered to have an opinion.

And what I have read after the publishing of the report of Magdalen Laundries she pointed out that some of the claims were wrong and even reported to the police an event she had witnessed where a baby was taken away form a young mother and police have now started an investigation if I understood correctly.

And about celebrity I can tell you I once accidentally overheard one quite famous person tell a quite private family matter and only few weeks later it was on the radio and it wasn't me who told them and I don't think it was the person in question either. Makes one wonder.

You have every right to your opinion but the only thing I liked to ask you is whose whore are you then?

Perhaps you could repeat that post but next time use understandable english?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blueboyd

Perhaps you could repeat that post but next time use understandable english?

So you can't say who's whore you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Because your question doesn't make any f
    g sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I think the fact that he cant answer a normal debate straight forward without resulting to insults tells us all we need to know.

Advertisement