Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motorbike Vlogs

• 07-02-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭

Any other motorbikers ever, or ever want to attach a camera on their bike/helmet and record a video blog or "Vlog"?

It's rather popular on youtube and loads of people do it across the globe.

Viewers of youtube tend to really enjoy the on-board-hands-on perspective of traveling though terrains and sites while the rider talks about different things they encounter.

My channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/kieranross05/videos?view=0
    if anyone is interested in knowing what I'm talking about

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Howya Kieran, I subscribed to you when you started out. Glad to see you are still doing it.....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Green Mile

I was up at the Wicklow gap on Sunday just gone n I was actually thinking of your "Wicklow Gap Crash" video.
    It always plays on my mind when I'm up there.

Yep, Im still doing it :) a few more vids are in the pipeline. It's great craic isn't it :)

I had to sell my camera when I need to get new tyres front and back, I needed them big time. Still breaks my heart thinking of it...hoping to maybe get a go pro 3 black but there is a few things I dont like about them. The external mic setup for one not the best for a vlog.

Go Pro are the best hands down even with it's flaws. How about the new mini Drift cam? You could even pick up a 2nd had drift from ebay? Defo worth getting back into the vlogging. In the mean time while you wait for your cam, you should think of vloggin ideas (things worth talking about, places to go etc)

You could use your camera phone to just do reviews of your bike etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I am hoping for a nice gp3 black edition for my 1/2 century in march so may start doing a few

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭designbydan

It's great that you're doing this,

I watch loads of motovloggers on youtube and on http://motovlog.com/

I couldn't find any Irish ones tho (I guess I didn't look very hard at all)

Just started a placement from college with celticrider and was looking to make some vlogs for them, would love if you could send some tips over in an email or something?
    (if it's not a hassle)

anyway keep up the good work , and if anyone knows of other Irish vloggers let me know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Great channel OP! That Arai helmet is pretty sweet looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Subscribed! I used to watch one video logger but lately been too busy to keep up on it all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Would rather stick on some tunes and go for a blast concentrating on the road instead of talking sh*te, but that's just me.

:) Cheers all for the comments on boards and the coments on youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 resueman

I'm now doing them around the big shmoke, talkin absolute horse - perhaps Youtube Viva La Vlog for more details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

First video I watched, in the first ten seconds you hit a nerve with a pet peeve: undertaking (even worse across a solid white line)

/for that reason, I'm out

resueman wrote: »
    I'm now doing them around the big shmoke, talkin absolute horse - perhaps Youtube Viva La Vlog for more details.

Jaysus mate, in fairness going around on a clearly non road legal bike with no gloves, please tell me you not in shorts and flip flops.....accident waiting to happen TBH.

Funny stuff alright and I wish you all the craic and laugh but be careful in the city centre man.

Oil that neck and be like an owl, seen as you have no mirrors.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 resueman

Filtering is a part of what I'm doing here and ultimately I believe add's to the entertainment of the videos all-in-all as opposed to sitting in gridlock traffic.

My persona, if you like is that of carelessness clown with actions of idiocy however I can assure you it really couldn't be further than the truth, I would like to think I'm very much conscious of the safety of others even over myself.

In terms of the gear, if I'm wearing crap gear or none at all from time to time then as you know I'll be doing the suffering!!

I'll take what your saying on board as perhaps I am overdoing certain things but likewise, I'd say to try see them for what they are as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

I enjoyed the one I saw, something a bit different and light hearted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm after watching a good few and have to admit I have laughed at some of it.
    Wouldn't be something I'd be into doing myself but you seem to have a bit of a knack at it.
    When you started off I thought you were going to be a bit of a dickhead but I warmed to you quickly enough.
    You get 8/10 from me!;)

The accent is gas, if you had a thick dublin accent I dont think you would coma across as good lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Garda is a gob****e. Mirrors aren't a legal requirement on a road bike, neither is a clutch lever and you don't need a clutch to ride a bike

But then again, dropping a piece of your bike on the road outside the Dail where there is guaranteed to be a bored guard with nothing better to do than pull you over is... oh wait. You wanted your 'I fought the law' moment :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The accent is gas, if you had a thick dublin accent

..there would have been mace, tazers and 3 units of backup :p

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement