Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais

Options
  • 07-02-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Have major problem at the moment with bord gais! We got a letter on 8th jan saying we were going to get cut off due to arrears in our electricity bill. They gave us an option of getting a Pay as you go meter installed in the letter instead of clearing the bill so we rang them that day.

We asked to get a meter set up but were told that it would be 3/4 months as there was a waiting list so they said the best option was to put us on a payment plan until we got the meter installed. We agreed to this and a payment of €25 a week. That day on the phone my husband paid the 25 for that week and asked them if he could pay the 25 for the following week (15th) as we have many bills come in that week every month so we weren't sure if our budget would stretch that week. They said that was fine and from the following week on (22nd)to pay 25 every week.

We followed the payments and have made a payment every week since then. €50 on the 8th, €25 on the 22nd, 30th and 5th Feb. we started getting calls from them asking to contact them so we did today and they are claiming now that we missed a week and want the entire bill paid by the 17th!
    my husband tried to explain to them but they refused to listen and when he explained about the double payment the first week was to cover the following week which was agreed to they then said the issue they had was that we didnt pay on the monday of every week! Surely it shouldn't matter if they get paid on a mon or fri as long as they get the money? This is hardly grounds for a disconnection?!

What can we do about this as we don't have €288 to pay the bill! Our arrears are 138 and new bill was issued on top of that on 31st Jan. Any advice would be great as I don't know where to go to seek advice on this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Contact them and ask to be put through to a supervisor. Explain your situation to them. I'm sure they'll side with you.

Advertisement