Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passport application - have no photo ID

• 07-02-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭

My mother has recently applied for her 1st ever passport. She doesn't drive or have any photo id so the application was returned to her. When she got her passport photos stamped for the original application the Garda said she didn't need the ML10 form (the man in post office had told me she needed it for ID) and it's not on the list of accepted photo ID the passport office sent her back. Can't get throught to the passport office at all to ask someone what she needs or what she can do. Surely there's something she can do, she's entitled to a passport surely!

Anyone know if the ML10 is accepted by the passport office? Or how to get through to the passport office on the phone without spending hours on hold?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭ThreeLineWhip

Yes, they will accept a ML10. No problems at all with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Thanks for that - have a trip planned (& bought & paid for) for 8 weeks time so anxious to get it all sorted in time for that.

Just got an email back from passport office, I explained I had sent in the ML10 but they say they won't accept it, has to be a Certificate of Identity form which they emailed me (I don't know why they didn't post one out to my mother with the letter saying she needed photo id) so now we have to go get this signed & sent in again. What a shambles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭ThreeLineWhip

That is a change of policy from them. The rules seem to change depending on who you are dealing with.

Thought I should add another post in case anyones ever in a similar situation. Turns out the passport office DID accept the ML10 form as my mother got her passport after all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement