Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Games of 2013 and Beyond

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Better move Rayman Legends to September...

Wii U-exclusive Rayman Legends to go multiplatform

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Xzbeat

gizmo wrote: »
    Better move Rayman Legends to September...

Wii U-exclusive Rayman Legends to go multiplatform

Done :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shin Megami Tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey IV, Soul Hackers and Fire Emblem are on my need to buy list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Nice post. There's a huge number of games on that list I'd like to play but won't have time for half of them really :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I want all the games :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I'm not sure if the Metro Last Light release date is still the same after the buy out from Koch. They are adamant the game will be released this year from what I'm seeing, but I haven't seen a release date confirmation. The fact they are saying it'll definitely be out this year, along with not reconfirming the date makes me suspect it may have been put back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My definites so far are the Pokemon X & Y games and the new God Of War. I'm a maybe for the new Dead Island, I'll probably wait a while to check out the reviews and the like after the bit of a slating that the first one got.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looking forward to Dragon Age 3 as they are giving it a complete overhaul from the disaster that was 2, also Tales Of Xillia which will be the best RPG released this year. Hopefully we will see Dark Souls 2 as well, along with Shin Megami Tensei IV. I think I would become a shut in if I got The Elder Scrolls Online though, the game is gonna be massive and constantly updated and modded.

Dragon Age III is gonna rock

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I would imagine The Last Guardian will be a PS4 launch title.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    I would imagine The Last Guardian will be a PS4 launch title.

Its been in development since 2009, I would be surprised if it did not come out this year on the PS3, I cannot see it coming out on the PS4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Xenji wrote: »
    Its been in development since 2009, I would be surprised if it did not come out this year on the PS3, I cannot see it coming out on the PS4.

It was also scheduled for a release in late 2011.
    I'm sure Sony had an inkling of the PS4 release date and probably decided to use this game as a demo of the PS4 and as a launch title release.

Time will tell.

I hope it makes it this year on PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any good pc games coming out before the end of feb besides crysis 3? Like any free 2 games or just buyable ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,115 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Bugger, i'm so not going to have enough money this year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hmm, although there's a few games there I want to play, overall it's a fairly bleak list for me. It also doesn't help that the first two games on the list are ones that I had originally been looking forward to, but they ended up being a tad rubbish.

Lego Marvel would be the possible highlight for me. I want to be excited about Dragon Age 3, but considering the claims about improvements they made when they made DA2, I can't bring myself to trust their claims about improving this one. Time will tell, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

humanji wrote: »
    Hmm, although there's a few games there I want to play, overall it's a fairly bleak list for me. It also doesn't help that the first two games on the list are ones that I had originally been looking forward to, but they ended up being a tad rubbish.

Lego Marvel would be the possible highlight for me. I want to be excited about Dragon Age 3, but considering the claims about improvements they made when they made DA2, I can't bring myself to trust their claims about improving this one. Time will tell, I guess.
    I'm going by the logic that I was surprised by many games last year so expect the unexpected. Plus I can always have Sim City and aliens... :p Probably won't end up buying anything until June so should have a backlog to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

wow OP, no PC games at all? ;)

anyway, that'll be Tomb Raider & Coloniel Marines for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

RE Revelations is out for WiiU PS3 X360 on the 24th May
    Luigi's Mansion is out 28th of March.

Also, are most of those dates for America? We get releases on Fridays dont we?

Cant wait for:

Bioshock
    Luigi's Mansion
    New Super Luigi World
    Castlevania 3DS
    Remember Me
    Resident Evil: Revelations
    LoZ WW HD
    New 3D Mario for WiiU
    Pikmin 3
    Monster Hunter for 3DS &/or WiiU
    Yoshi's Epic Yarn lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

No mention for Rome II Total War ?

Looks to be one of the most promising games of the year.

Also Dayz Standalone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

This year:

Rome II Total war: Love strategy games, Rome Total War blew my mind and I love shogun 2 so this should be good.

Arma 3: I really like arma 2, not that fussed about dayz though. I enjoy the huge sandbox environment with all kinds of weapons and vehicles at your disposal.

Grand Theft Auto 5: I think this is self explanatory.

Dark Souls 2: Hopefully it will be out in 2013 but I wouldn't mind if it got delayed, I'm hoping it will be another souls masterpiece.

Pokemon X/Y: I don't have a 3ds but I'd consider getting one for it if it was a big improvement on previous pokemon games.

Next Few Years:

Fallout 4: All the fallout games have been great so this will be a day one buy for me, but I'm hoping the shooting mechanics will be improved.

Witcher 3: Looking forward to this, even more now that it's been announced that it's fully open world. I've total faith in CD Projekt Red.

Mount and Blade 2: Picked mount and blade up in a steam sale and I spent more time playing it than other games I paid full price for. It has some great concepts and the combat is probably the must fun in any action rpg game I've played. Hopefully this will be more polished and add more depth and gameplay to the campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Dragon age 3 & Mass Effect 4 (both next year i believe)
    Company of heroes 2 (next month)
    Command and Conquer (free to play) this year at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

South Park: The Stick of Truth

I'm hoping that Ubisoft are still releasing it in March :(

blobby360 wrote: »
    South Park: The Stick of Truth

I'm hoping that Ubisoft are still releasing it in March :(

It should be, Obsidian Entertainment are still on the go and were not affected by the issues with THQ

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

GameSpy's 25 Most Anticipated PC Games of 2013 :)

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/122/1227069p1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just rewatching the Watch Dogs trailer and just realised it's basically a modern day Assassin's Creed. Though I've only played the first AC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Games I'm looking forward to this year,
    Sim City 5
    Starcraft HotS
    GTA V
    EU IV
    The Last of Us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

also the new super luigi u will available to purchase as own playable disc game for the wiiu from 26th of july limited only accord last nintendo direct

wind waker out this autumn on the wii u

• Advertisement

Advertisement