Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Games of 2013 and Beyond

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

On Amazon I see details for a new 3rd person stealth/RPG called "Dark" It's about vampires and due out soon but I can find very little info about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

On Amazon I see details for a new 3rd person stealth/RPG called "Dark" It's about vampires and due out soon but I can find very little info about it.

http://operationrainfall.com/kalypso-medias-stealth-rpg-dark-gets-a-new-trailer/
    Kalypso Media’s upcoming vampiric stealth game Dark hasn’t seen much light since its GDC 2012 reveal. Don’t rule it out as bad cause of that though. Judging by the trailer released today, you may wanna keep it on your radar. Check out the trailer for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Nintendo and SEGA have signed an exclusive worldwide deal to produce the next sonic game, Sonic: Lost World exclusively only to wii u and 3ds no others formats in 2014

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rome total war 2
    watch dogs
    gta 5
    coh 2
    wasteland 2

So far,there's a few more I'd say.

pokemon x and y october 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

OP is banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Well the big ones for me are definitely Watch Dogs and The Last of Us. I actually pre-ordered The Last of Us, which is something I almost never do (the only other games I have ever pre-ordered were Mass Effects 2 and 3). It just looks so good, and one way or another I know it's not going to suck.

Beyond: Two Souls is definitely one I'll be getting too though. Heavy Rain was decent and now one of it's major problems (inconsistent and sometimes weak acting) will hopefully be addressed by the inclusion of some genuinely solid talent. It would be nice if this is a trend video games begin to follow.

watchdogs wiiu, ps3 and xbox360
    wind waker wiiu
    Resident Evil: Revelations wiiu, ps3 and xbox360
    pokemon x and y 3ds
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 3ds
    animal crossing new leaf 3ds
    splinter cell blacklist,wiiu, ps3,pc and xbox360

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The only games I'm really looking forward to are Dayz Standalone and GTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

If the DayZ standalone and Rome II are in any way good, I'll be happy enough for the next 12 months. Also keeping an eye on Dark, SC Blacklist, Arkham Origins, Remember Me, Watchdogs and one or two others.

There are also a few indie/kickstarter projects on my radar; "Sir, You're Being Hunted", "Door Kickers", "Frozen Endzone" (from the makers of Frozen Synapse), "Road Redemption", "Prison Architect" to name a few.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I wasn't gonna get the last of us but I think I will now :o it looks awesome :o.

im only interested nintendo games

watchdogs wiiu,
    wind waker wiiu
    Resident Evil: Revelations wiiu,
    pokemon x and y 3ds
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 3ds
    animal crossing new leaf 3ds
    splinter cell blacklis for wiiu,
    assassin's creed black flag wiiu November 1, 2013
    pikmin 3 July 26, 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alexej

Very much looking forward to ROME II. The Co-operative MP for Shogun II was ace, am excited about the prospect on RII. Also, TESO looks promising for the MMO space, lots of content for the RP crowd if done well.

Anybody know if Starwars 1313 is stll on after the closure of LA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Alexej wrote: »
    Anybody know if Starwars 1313 is stll on after the closure of LA?

Hard to know apparently EA are revealing the Star Wars plans at E3 in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

God that is one ugly console

Also State of decay,should be out early june,think it's coming out for pc too.

Nintendo has announced that New Super Luigi U, the extensive DLC spin-off from New Super Mario Bros. U, will be available digitally from June 20.

Additionally, the game will be getting a standalone boxed retail release on July 26 in Europe and August 28 in North America. If you opt for the digital version, you'll need to own New Super Mario Bros. U, while no such constraint is placed on you if you want to pick up a boxed copy.

limited time only

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/05/17/meet-marios-replacement-in-new-super-luigi-u

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Dying Light, new next gen, open world, free running, zombie game. by the team behind the first dead island and warner bros.
    Releasing this year on current and next gen consoles =]]]]]
    8793290833_ff68554b17_z.jpg
    8803926924_3dd7e3c32c_b.jpg
    8803922596_d90a362c6c_b.jpg
    8793333181_6623c5ebe2_b.jpg
    8793338055_6b018ae882_b.jpg
    8793353293_b98f2f617e_b.jpg
    8803939088_0f2697db37_b.jpg

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2013/05/23/dying-light-announced-open-world-free-running-zombie-game-from-techland/
    http://www.gameinformer.com/games/dying_light/b/xboxone/archive/2013/05/23/techland-discusses-differences-between-dead-island-amp-dying-light.aspx

that new dying light zombie game takes out context of zombies according voodoo mythology zombie are undead corpses that brought back to life by necromancy or voodoo magic and have of bright light especially sunlight which kills them so why are they walking around the daylight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

^ Yeah, it's so unrealistic that actual undead zombies would be out in daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

^ Yeah, it's so unrealistic that actual undead zombies would be out in daylight.

lol

Im looking forward to some e3 footage of this in action. It has a heavy emphasis on the day/night cycle(notice this in the cover art, 1st pic above). At night the zombies become stronger and more aggressive, along with some other more deadly creatures that only come out at night.
    So the free running will come in handy at night when your best bet alot of the time will be to just run.
    Their main goal is to make an action survival horror game, but said they miiiiight add in a hardcore mode with more realistic and punishing features similar to something you might see in dayz.

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    that new dying light zombie game takes out context of zombies according voodoo mythology zombie are undead corpses that brought back to life by necromancy or voodoo magic and have of bright light especially sunlight which kills them so why are they walking around the daylight

I think you're getting your zombies and vampires mixed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Or gremlins

F1ngers wrote: »
    I think you're getting your zombies and vampires mixed up.

nope, just all undead creatures according to mythology all fear bright light especially sun which kills them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

nope, just all undead creatures according to mythology all fear bright light especially sun which kills them

you're wrong, quit trollin' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Dying Light, new next gen, open world, free running, zombie game. by the team behind the first dead island and warner bros.
    Releasing this year on current and next gen consoles =]]]]]

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2013/05/23/dying-light-announced-open-world-free-running-zombie-game-from-techland/
    http://www.gameinformer.com/games/dying_light/b/xboxone/archive/2013/05/23/techland-discusses-differences-between-dead-island-amp-dying-light.aspx

Jesus that looks amazing, i'm so getting this when it comes out!

I'm sorry but George A. Romero trumps mythology...so there...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

According to the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, zombies come about as a result of a disease which causes death followed days later by re-animation. If it was caused by necromancy, then it wouldn't be so infectious. Daylight has also not been known to cause zombies harm and since they don't feel pain or fatigue, nor do they have the cognitive ability to plan for day time, they wouldn't be able to take cover when they sun comes out.

• Advertisement

C14N wrote: »
    According to the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, zombies come about as a result of a disease which causes death followed days later by re-animation. If it was caused by necromancy, then it wouldn't be so infectious. Daylight has also not been known to cause zombies harm and since they don't feel pain or fatigue, nor do they have the cognitive ability to plan for day time, they wouldn't be able to take cover when they sun comes out.

how come original dawn of dead the movie not remake all zombies died at the end by sunlight

Advertisement