Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Runners?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was hoping to get any advice on runners.
    I had a pair of random nike "sports" runners which were just ok.But I recently detroyed them in the washing machine trying to get them clean :(

I am really stuck for money, but if i want to go running i need something half decent, or I fear I will wreck my feet.
    I also walk into town alot (about 40 mins in) as i dont believe I need to get the bus.
    So i do wear them down alot too.

I suppose at some stage my budget for runners will be about 60-100 euros at best.
    Has anyone any ideas where I could shop for something comfortable?

I also have no idea about types of runners and what type of feet I have.
    Certainly not flat footed.
    I have a bit of an arch.
    I played alot of soccer growing up and became quite good at sprinting.
    So I have those footballers legs with the bow lol

I also tend to wear out the area around my big toe on each foot.And strangely the heel on the opposite side ^^
    Maybe a product of the bowed legs from sprinting.
    I have a habit of sprinting on my toes and barefoot I walk on my toes(or at least y heel is just off the ground), much like a kick boxer might be i guess.

So any advice on brands, types, prices etc would be very helpful.
    Thanks.

Ps, should i try not to walk on my toes barefoot? It feels comfortable and natural and i have good balance that way, so it seems.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

The wear pattern sounds about right for a neutral runner i.e. outside heel wear and wear around the ball of the foot. I would suggest going to a reputable running store,get gait analysis which is generally free,they will advise you as what to get on the outcome and,with a budget of 60 to 100 euro,you should get a decent shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Thanks!
    Also I have no idea what a reputable running store would look like.
    Im guessing champion sports is out.

Any places of note in dublin city center/south city?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Runways in Parnell St
    Amphibiam King Ballymount and Bray

Advertisement