Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hacker Meetups in Athlone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

So we all happy with 7pm this Wednesday (06/03/2013) in Richard Graces.

I'll make sure to give out the correct info this time :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Any word on another meeting soon?

Must have read my mind, was just coming on to ask if anyone was up for another meeting this week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Yeah I'd be up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its been requested we have it on Thursday instead of Wednesday, which suits me. I have lots to share.

So Thursday same bat-time, same bat-channel?

• Advertisement

So when and where, as I'm completely out of the loop. Am working in Yahoo and traveling back to Athlone in the evenings so it depends if I can make it or not.

Itzy wrote: »
    So when and where, as I'm completely out of the loop. Am working in Yahoo and traveling back to Athlone in the evenings so it depends if I can make it or not.

Richard Graces at 7pm on Thursday. We start around 7 but we dont finish til around 10 so come anytime you can.

Ah not so bad. I'll probably be back at half 7, the latest. So I may just pop in for an hour.

Excellent, Thursday suits me even better this week.

Na na na na na na na Sodium!

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    Excellent, Thursday suits me even better this week.

Na na na na na na na Sodium!

Washed down with some Dihydrogen Monoxide.

• Advertisement

How are we set for a meet-up this coming Thursday?

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    How are we set for a meet-up this coming Thursday?

Yeah should be fine.

For those lurking, 8pm, Richard Graces ;)

May try and come in tonight.

One particular lurker didn't appear last night. I hope she is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kelevra88

I know late reply but....Any luck with this setup ? Is the Main Site Athlone UG ? let me know when and where ,sounds like a great idea though

I know late reply but....Any luck with this setup ? Is the Main Site Athlone UG ? let me know when and where ,sounds like a great idea though

kelevra88 wrote: »

We've had a few meets. They've been successful in that we've had a few meets. No site up yet. Keep an eye on this thread for news for now.

Thanks for the fast follow-up ill do that,hope to hear about it becoming successful.Been in athlone for a while but didnt strike me as the place that something like this could evolve.Thanks again

Anyone up for a pint tonight?

• Advertisement

Any one want to go on a War Drive some evening followed by beers? Haven't done it in ages.

Any one want to go on a War Drive some evening followed by beers? Haven't done it in ages.

The last time I went war driving, it was crazy the amount of access points we found. It wasnt as fun as the days when on a 30 minute trip, you might see 3 or 4, one or two would be open. Still, Id be open to it. Just not this week. i haven't a cent until payday(Friday).

I have a car either way! I used to do a bit of sniffing about on the way into college every morning. Used to find loads on Connaught Street, especially business networks.

Another thought. Will we see if we can get a space around Athlone similar 091 done in Galway?

I have a car either way! I used to do a bit of sniffing about on the way into college every morning. Used to find loads on Connaught Street, especially business networks.

A car is necessary for a war drive. Next time you're on the train fire up the laptop. I found CCTV streams last week. Encryption? Wasn't he the president after Lincoln?
    Another thought. Will we see if we can get a space around Athlone similar 091 done in Galway?

Thats where I thought our meetups might go. There is a lot of work involved though. By all means we can talk about it at the next meeting.

Id be up for a war drive if you are still interested.

Around next weekend? I might tip out then.

Around next weekend? I might tip out then.

I'll let you know. I might be in the capital next weekend.

I'm sure we can all plan an evening and hit a few areas around town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 theCourior

Hey Folks,
    This is Mike from the last few meetups, just wondering if we're having one this month?

Advertisement