Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get from Ballsbridge to Sandyford every day to work?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I am going to start a new job and I am looking for the best way to go from Ballsbridge (RDS) to Sandyford on a daily basis. Could you help me with that?

Cheers and thanks a lot,
    Daniela

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Check out the 47 bus, Goes to Sandyford Industrial Estate via Sandymount, St Vincents etc. Not sure where goes before Sandymount though.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Bicycle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Its a grand cycle. Otherwise walk to Charlemont and get the luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Its a grand cycle. Otherwise walk to Charlemont and get the luas.

Ranelagh LUAS is probably closer

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

con1982 wrote: »
    Ranelagh LUAS is probably closer

Its at least a mile walk though, which could get tiresome pretty fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The no 11 bus from Appian Way or the Luas, both involve a bit of a walk.

If you put in your exact details here you should get more accurate information.

www.a-b.ie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Manuva wrote: »
    Its at least a mile walk though, which could get tiresome pretty fast

I did it for 2.5 years. You'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

They are quite close together but difficult enough to get between the two. I would recommend cycling or walking to Clonskeagh road and getting the 11 bus. If you go up riverside walk it cuts down the walk a good bit. Not the cleanest of places though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,976 ✭✭✭✭listermint

30 Minutes bike ride i would have thought

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dani_inaD

Thanks very much guys, I will check everything out! 30 minutes cycling doesn't sound too bad at all :)

Cheers
    Daniela

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

dani_inaD wrote: »
    Thanks very much guys, I will check everything out! 30 minutes cycling doesn't sound too bad at all :)

Cheers
    Daniela

You'd be doing well to get from Ballsbridge to Sandyford in 30 mins, it's uphill all the way

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

A mile walk is 15-20 minutes, no problem whatsoever and you get fit remarkably fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

uch wrote: »
    You'd be doing well to get from Ballsbridge to Sandyford in 30 mins, it's uphill all the way

Yeah, but it's downhill all the time, which comes handy after a hard day in work ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Yeah, but it's downhill all the time, which comes handy after a hard day in work ;)

I go the other way, but get the LUAS. I find the beechwood stop is the closest, head up Marlborough road and then Anna Villa, around 20-25 minutes, it's grand and a nice enough walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

No. 18 bus from Ballsbridge to Ranelagh then take the Luas

Advertisement