Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web design via iPhone or iPad ?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

While its probably easier to create and experiment with HTML/CSS etc on a desktop or laptop etc, I was wondering if it is possible to do some code editing on a smartphone or tablet.

I'm considering purchasing an iPad and if there was such a thing as a text editor for web designers to code and test directly on the iPad that would be great.

I quite like the idea of learning and testing my skills while sipping coffee (pint) in a cosy cafe (pub).

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Diet Coda and Gusto are iPad apps for editing html/PHP etc, they can be lifesavers when you're out and about and need to make a quick change to a site. I think there's a few reviews/videos available for both.

I couldn't ever imagine using them as a significant development environment though (not that I've tried either).

Advertisement