Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

suzuki bandit 12 / flooded engine

• 07-02-2013 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi

anyone got a link to a online manual for a bandit 1200 ??

I just got it last week but flooded the engine. Battery is 100%. It is back firing but just wont start up. I'll check the plugs tomorrow(gotta go to football now) to see if there wet or dry.
    Hopefully wont have to go near the carbs.

anyone got any tips? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

http://www.carlsalter.com/pdfs/Suzuki_GSF1200S_1996-1999.pdf

Where are located? If you check for spark and its okay. Then check your kill switch, your side stand switch, if their okay, well then its juice, The fuel tap can give trouble and flood the engine so much you'll get petrol in the crankcases. You can check that by opening the oil filler cap and smell for petrol.If that seems okay well then its carbs off job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Make sure to have the dirty thing on prime when you are trying to start it,on my 02 the tap is facing back to the back of the bike for prime.

And then don't forget to turn the tap back to the tank when started:D.Lesson learned on that one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dejopadu

http://www.carlsalter.com/pdfs/Suzuki_GSF1200S_1996-1999.pdf

You can check that by opening the oil filler cap and smell for petrol.

thanks, that carlalters is great :):)

yeah, defo a smell of petrol coming from oil. so what does that mean?

do i need to drain the oil & replace?

much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

It can be a couple of things, either theirs a problem with the fuel tap, which is easily replaced with a good one from a breaker, or the floats are sticking in the carbs, which is fixed by stripping and cleaning the carbs.
    When you have it sorted, you'll have to change the oil and filter as your cams won't appreciate being wash in petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dejopadu

got it sorted, the spark plugs were bolloxed so i replaced them, carbs were clean aswell thank god, & i changed the oil & filter aswell.

thanks for the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement