Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy Estate Agent?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I'm awaiting a yes/no from a vendor via the estate agent at the moment. At the last second before the ES was going back to the vendor, they told me quite a few bids had come in over the last few days which had pushed the price up by 30k. I'm a cash bidder. I think they're lying to me and only trying to draw more cash out of me by putting me on the spot. Said they were going back to the vendor in the next hour and they needed to know now. I told them I was leaving the bid as it was. Funny thing is that over the previous weeks, while the bidding was going on they were coming back to me every day. All of a sudden I hear nothing for three days and it has gone up by 30 k. Sound suspect?

Also, bids had been going in in increments of 2-5k so to go up by 30k was a massive jump for them not to let me know about. Also, per chance there were to bidders at that level within 2k of each other. How is it that it was okay for them to be informed of each others position and for me not to be in the loop. Suspect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

walk away.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What was already said. Forget about it and look for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think the EA got one other bidder, and played them off a phantom bidder to a point where the other bidder wouldn't go above the phantom bidders highest bid, so now they bring you in to try to get a "real" bidder in before they goto the seller.

Offer 10% below the original asking price, and tell them that the offer is only valid until Wednesday. Any more games, and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If your really interested go straight to the seller.

Or if you want to play hard ball, withdraw your offer and tell the estate agent that your not happy with the way the sale is going price wise and you now looking at another house with another estate agent. Sit tight for a week and you'll get a call asking are you still interested. (on that call say no if there is still another bidder).

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lightoffshore

If your really interested go straight to the seller.

Or if you want to play hard ball, withdraw your offer and tell the estate agent that your not happy with the way the sale is going price wise and you now looking at another house with another estate agent. Sit tight for a week and you'll get a call asking are you still interested. (on that call say no if there is still another bidder).

Thanks guys. I knew it didn't seem right. Will make a call in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks guys. I knew it didn't seem right. Will make a call in the morning.

No Don't call, they'll start worrying. Sit tight and let the mountain come to mohammed;)

Advertisement