Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lan Game Battlefield 3?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi, I have been off battlefield for ages, Is this right? you can't do LAN games anymore?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

If you mean host a private server on your own machine & play against mates in your house then no you cant do it any more. You can play on an empty server or rent one yourself & play on that though. Just get your mates to all join the same server :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Hi ktulu123, Thanks for the reply, I am going to be running a tournament at my internet cafe, in the old days of BF i would just create a LAN server but what would be my best bet now? to rent a server? theres no way to create a lan?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Valdez wrote: »
    to rent a server? theres no way to create a lan?

Impossible I'm afraid. Renting for a month (usually the minimum) is pretty much the only option. You'll pay about 1euro per slot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ponster wrote: »
    Impossible I'm afraid. Renting for a month (usually the minimum) is pretty much the only option. You'll pay about 1euro per slot.

DICE have hinted once or twice about releasing a LAN update on twitter... has been a while since they last hinted it though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'm sure DICE would love to release a LAN update but EA would never allow that to happen. Not when the only way to actually set up an event like Valdez is doing is to pay to rent a server. EA loves them moneys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

actually hoped they would release it for BFBC2 once BF3 came out ....alas no epic fail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

You can rent a server for a day
    1 day: 120 MSP

7 days: 560 MSP

30 days: 2000 MSP

90 days: 4800 MSP

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You can rent a server for a day
    1 day: 120 MSP

7 days: 560 MSP

30 days: 2000 MSP

90 days: 4800 MSP

Fairly sure we're talking about PC platform here. In the previous games a LAN mode was available so there was no need to play online. 64 player LANs were particularly awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Fairly sure we're talking about PC platform here. In the previous games a LAN mode was available so there was no need to play online. 64 player LANs were particularly awesome.

pew-pew-pew with 0 pings !

Advertisement