Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology

Options
  • 07-02-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

I am in 2nd Year and will be sitting my junior cert next year. I am doing Technology and I am great at the theory but not so much in the practical. I have a lot of trouble developing my designs, solving problems in my project but mostly time management. Any tips on how I can improve so next year it won't be so bad. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

I've did Technology for my J.C and I dont think you need to worry about your J.C practical in 2nd year. You cant really prepare for the project not knowing the task. However now is the best time to focus on your theory from A-Z rather than leaving it for next year. Basically get the theory out of the way.

Third year is going to fly by and the project is going to take lots of time. The moment you get the list of tasks, choosor problemse one your comfortable with and talk to the teacher. If you have any doubts , the teacher is the best solution than solving the problems your own. For time management, DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. Make a mock model of the task with cardboard and masking tape and then identify the challenges. Make sure you keep a mini diary of your task. This will help you a lot for your written practical. List all the challenges you dealt with and few photographs of measuring the plastic or anything will also look nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Thanks for the help. Did you make any time plan for your project. If yeah would u mind private messaging me it.

Unfortunately, I didn't. I would certainly suggest you to make one. It will definitely keep you on track and keep the plan realistic also ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭mobydopy

My main problem wen it comes to projects is the soldering/circuits. I know how to do it but im just real slow at it nd it always takes me a few trys to get it right. Any tips

Ahh soldering circuits ehh?? Well to do it properly and quick, you need a partner to atleast hold the wires steady for you and then you could just solder away :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 d13

that's why tech is hard. practice freehand drawings and check out t4.ie for resources.

Advertisement