Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it worth repairing?

• 07-02-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Currently have a 5 year old Iphone 3G. Its slow but a durable phone and has served me well. I dropped it a few days ago and the screen went the black. The sounds and touchscreen continued to work (I could slide to answer calls) but I obviously couldn't generally use the phone. Anyway I heard that letting the battery die and restore it might work. I went to restore it and it appears that I also went to update the ios to 4.2 on it. However I bought it 2nd hand many years ago and the person unlocked it. Itunes must have recognised this and a message came up saying something like "You are not authorised to complete this action". From doing some searching it appears that that relates to having a phone previously jailbroken. So I'm looking for an honest opinion, is it worth saving? I don't really want to spend more than 60 quid on a repair for such an old phone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

Well the black screen sounds like you have damaged the lcd when letting the phone drop.i have seen a few customers do this.on the restore end of things this sounds like its your pc that is causing the problem.but either way easy enough tob
    fix both probs and 60 should be plenty to get you back up and running send me a pm if you have no joy trying to restore it and i can see if i can help you

Advertisement