Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Vs. New Grant Scheme (2014)

• 07-02-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for any advice or information about the new scheme of grants starting next year. I know there isn't too much information on them but I'd like to hear people's thoughts.
    I had a meeting with my local Teagasc office in Mayo to get advice. I have about 20 Hectares in total. I also have two years left in reps. I was hoping to plant less than 5 ha but if I apply this year then that's the minimum I can plant. I would be applying for the Afforestation Grant and the FEPS grant for my final year in Reps.
    Would I be better to wait until next year to see what the new grant scheme will be like and plan to plant once I'm out of reps. That way I can plant less than the 5 ha. If I plant now I know what the grants are and there is a chance they will be severely reduced next year given the financial climate.
    The adviser said I don't have a huge amount of time and that I'd need to get a forestry plan in fairly soon.

Advertisement