Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beko Dryer Belt Replacement.

• 07-02-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

My Beko drvt61w dryer has started to constantly squeak while in use.I'm considering replacing the belt on it as I think this may be the problem.Just wondering how difficult this will be?Is it as simple as taking the top and back panel off and removing the old belt and sliding the new one on?Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭rameire

Check out espares.co.uk check for the part and they may have a video.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Did this recently on a Hotpoint, was a lot more complicated getting at it than I thought. I didn't have the tool(was gonna cost 50 odd euro extra for it) for putting the belt on (it's extraordinarily tight) so had to use loads of grunt and loosen the motor, but it's working fine now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Yeah that's the part I'm worried about,the rest seems straight forward.I guess I'll be using my full repertoire of cursing and swearing when I decide to go at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Lossening the motor was the secret, just enough to let it move up so you can slide the belt onto the drum.
    You won't be able to curse because you will be applying that much grunt! :D

Advertisement