Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlingford Half Marathon March 2nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

Hi..

I have been trying to register for this along with a mate of mine.

Both are getting error messages?

Anybody else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

I forwarded your post to Paddy Duffy, one of the organisers for a reply.

I forwarded your post to Paddy Duffy, one of the organisers for a reply.

thats very kind of you. Much appreciated.

I'm using the link on run Ireland.. Maybe its not correct? but thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

So sorry, its not Paddy but 26 Extreme. Their link is http://www.26extreme.com/productdetails/1481/carlingford-half-marathon-10k-2nd-mar.aspx and its working for me. If you still have problems contact Rowan on rowan@26extreme.com and he can sort you out. last we spoke the entries were flying in and were over last years numbers already.

So sorry, its not Paddy but 26 Extreme. Their link is http://www.26extreme.com/productdetails/1481/carlingford-half-marathon-10k-2nd-mar.aspx and its working for me. If you still have problems contact Rowan on rowan@26extreme.com and he can sort you out. last we spoke the entries were flying in and were over last years numbers already.

Thats working perfectly now,. Your link brought me to active.com payment site.

I logged in as normal but instead of getting the error message it told me I was already registered and I proceeded to the payment stage.
    Paid up now and confirmation email received.

Thanks for taking the time and see you on the 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭event

signed up this morning.
    This is my first half and training for my first full marathon (great limerick run).
    its only down the road, hoping its a good one and not too tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

seems like online-entry for this is now closed...I wanted to do the 10k

Anyone know if I can still enter online or is it just pay on the day (extra 10)?

ChampionChip, a few posts above, listed an email address for the organiser?

maybe fire them off an email?

id imagine you'll have to pay the extra on the day, otherwise everyone could just email them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Damn that's a shame it closed early, just came online now to register for the 1/2 as my friend is looking for a personal pacer! Unfortunately I can't justify the on the day cost, 35 is too steep even though it's for a good cause. If anyone hears anything about why it closed early pop it up here.

• Advertisement

i dont think it closed early as such.
    They had it on their FB page that it was closing last night for a while now.
    Dont know why that is though

Was a good event, 3 things though:

1) water stations a bit iffy. on the 3rd one, me & a guy were running up to them. no one else had been in about 30 seconds. the lady had one cup in her hand. other guy got it, i didn't.

2) my garmin watch measured it at 12.91miles. could have started late but don't think so as watch & chip time matched.

3) don't think this had anything to do with ye, but €7 for a shower is a disgrace imo. already paid €25 for the event, its a bit much.

But a good route, really liked it. few hills but nothing too bad.

Great race..

Very enjoyable

Easy to get race number,. start line right beside the registration.
    I reckon I'll be doing more of these local races in future rather than the big events. Less hassle, zero congestion and for a good cause too

A few tricky hills for the first 3-4 miles but thats half the fun., However.. running down by the water was amazing.. absolutely stunning. Proper old school.

The last mile on the main road was a killer.. i was going for around 1.35 but came in in 1.37.. I blame the hills :D

Thanks to all invloved for a great race and see you next year!

P.S I thought we were arriving for the olympics when I seen a guy on the main road lying on a foam roller the size of a tree trunk before the race!! :rolleyes::o

doughef wrote: »
    Great race..

Very enjoyable

Easy to get race number,. start line right beside the registration.
    I reckon I'll be doing more of these local races in future rather than the big events. Less hassle, zero congestion and for a good cause too

A few tricky hills for the first 3-4 miles but thats half the fun., However.. running down by the water was amazing.. absolutely stunning. Proper old school.

The last mile on the main road was a killer.. i was going for around 1.35 but came in in 1.37.. I blame the hills :D

Thanks to all invloved for a great race and see you next year!

P.S I thought we were arriving for the olympics when I seen a guy on the main road lying on a foam roller the size of a tree trunk before the race!! :rolleyes::o

that really was class. Its the same for the cooley 12.5k (iirc). Running by and there are just goats and horses beside you.

Anyone else notice what looked like members of the gardai out searching at one point?

event wrote: »
    that really was class. Its the same for the cooley 12.5k (iirc). Running by and there are just goats and horses beside you.

Anyone else notice what looked like members of the gardai out searching at one point?

Yes actually,.. now that you mention it. They were out with sort of walking/hiking sticks.

Presumably related to what happened in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AnTeachBeag

seems like online-entry for this is now closed...I wanted to do the 10k

Anyone know if I can still enter online or is it just pay on the day (extra 10)?

I thought they pulled a bit of a stroke on this. I registered on Wed & it said there was still a couple of days to register online. My friend went to register on Thurs & it was closed & he got email saying 'due to huge demand we have closed online early...limited places available on Saturday' etc. Now personally, this seemed to me like a convenient way of getting an extra €10 out of people (and €25 is already quite dear I believe, this was my 1st 10k). I heard a few people complaining on the day to the lady who was registering people but it seems the people who ran the race on the day weren't the ones who made the decision, so was hard to find anyone to register a complaint with. It was a well-organised event, but I felt a bit sorry for people who got caught out with the online sign-up closing early and with no notice.

How did it close early?
    Registration was open since last year and i knew then when online was closing, was on the runireland site

Advertisement