Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems ordering my tv.... please help!

• 07-02-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

Im trying to order a tv from amazon.co.uk, now a few of my friends assure me that amazon do in fact ship tvs to ireland....

Im ordering from amazon themselves (not one of the other traders there) and it says 'eligable for super saver delivery'

Yet when I try to process the transacton through the checkout I get a 'some of the items cannot be shipped to the addresss selected, please choose a different address'

Before I contact amazon, has anyone here actually ordered a tv from them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What make is the tv, and more importantly what size is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Please let us know the make model and size of the TV, and the price. Also your rough location (ie; Dublin, Cork, etc).

There are... places that transport it from up north if it's small, there's a man with a van that does (well, I think he still does) deliveries from North to down here, and finally there's a few shops up North that will deliver down here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

the_syco wrote: »
    Please let us know the make model and size of the TV, and the price. Also your rough location (ie; Dublin, Cork, etc).

There are... places that transport it from up north if it's small, there's a man with a van that does (well, I think he still does) deliveries from North to down here, and finally there's a few shops up North that will deliver down here.

Samsung, 47" smart tv, I don't have the product code off hand... Its 880euro and Cork area ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yeah, don't think you'll beat 880 euro for a Samsung. Double check the size, though, as Samsung don't seem to do 47"; its 46"

Argos has a Samsung EH530 46 Inch Full HD Freeview HD Smart LED TV for €979

Richersounds had a 50" 3D SMART Panosonic one for 899 pounds, but I think shipping is another £40 or so.

Peats has a Panasonic TX-L47E5B which is a 47" Smart VIERA LED TV for €799, but that's a sale price, and I'm not sure how long!

Peats currently offer FREE delivery for orders over €50 and under 25kg. The TV is over €50, and still under 21kg [url=Whttp://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/2012+Smart+VIERA+LED+TV/TX-L47E5B/Specification/9038104/index.html"]with the stand[/url]!

the_syco wrote: »
    Yeah, don't think you'll beat 880 euro for a Samsung. Double check the size, though, as Samsung don't seem to do 47"; its 46"

Argos has a Samsung EH530 46 Inch Full HD Freeview HD Smart LED TV for €979

Richersounds had a 50" 3D SMART Panosonic one for 899 pounds, but I think shipping is another £40 or so.

Peats has a Panasonic TX-L47E5B which is a 47" Smart VIERA LED TV for €799, but that's a sale price, and I'm not sure how long!

Peats currently offer FREE delivery for orders over €50 and under 25kg. The TV is over €50, and still under 21kg [URL="Whttp://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/2012+Smart+VIERA+LED+TV/TX-L47E5B/Specification/9038104/index.html""]with the stand[/URL]!

I'll have a look at all of those mentioned, cheers :D

Oh also, Amazon got back to me, big long detailed email about almost everything except what I asked them, but buried somewhere there amongst it they did mention that basically anything over 26" cannot be delivered to Ireland :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

i got a 32 inch samsung from amazon delivered to cork a few months back, so unless they have changed their policy in the last few weeks it should be ok, an post delivered it, have to say the tv was fairly light in weight, i know for a fact they will not deliver anything over 32 inches in screen size.

cranefly wrote: »
    i got a 32 inch samsung from amazon delivered to cork a few months back, so unless they have changed their policy in the last few weeks it should be ok, an post delivered it, have to say the tv was fairly light in weight, i know for a fact they will not deliver anything over 32 inches in screen size.

Really????

They must have changed policy alright because a few of my friends assure me that the do or at least did, looks like I will just have to fork out the extra cash to buy local

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

there is one place where you get good value in a tv, pixmania.ie they mainly ship from europe so it will be a european spec model rather than a uk or irish model, same tv just a different letter at the end, they will post any size parcel to ireland, just make sure it has an mpeg 4 tuner i think it is to get saorview, most of them do.

cranefly wrote: »
    there is one place where you get good value in a tv, pixmania.ie they mainly ship from europe so it will be a european spec model rather than a uk or irish model, same tv just a different letter at the end, they will post any size parcel to ireland, just make sure it has an mpeg 4 tuner i think it is to get saorview, most of them do.

Ehhh, I searched pixmania on here before and there are a more than a few threads about the terrible customer service they offer should something go wrong!!!

Its just not worth the risk for the extra 100 or so euro

Anyhow, my TV saga has ended ;)

Advertisement