Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backdating with PRTB

Options
  • 07-02-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

I hope someone here can help me with my query.

I moved into rented accommodation July 2012. In November 2012 I realised I need to be registered with the PRTB for something. So I asked the letting agent if I was registered and after a little bit of hassle i got registered.

The issue now is that I am only registered from November and I need to be registered from July.

The letting agents are saying that it cant be backdated to July.

I really did think this was possible.

Does anybody know about backdating with prtb?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Landlords have to register with the PRTB. They register the tenancy. You don't have to do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

eh why do you need it backdated ? Your registered thats all that you need and in fact you dont even need that anyway thats the landlords business.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 siobhanlleher

Thanks for the replies guys.

I need evidence that I have been living there since July but the prtb wont give me this because I was only added in November. They can only say I have been there since November.

The letting agent is saying they cant backdate it. So it leaves me with a bit of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I need evidence that I have been living there since July but the prtb wont give me this because I was only added in November. They can only say I have been there since November.

The letting agent is saying they cant backdate it. So it leaves me with a bit of a problem.

Would your lease agreement not be eneough proof. Or even a letter from Landlord/Agent.

Do you not have a rent book or receipt for psyment of rent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

your lease ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

The letting agents are saying that it cant be backdated to July.

Does anybody know about backdating with prtb?

That's the letting agent playing games now, if you don't register on time then you have to pay arrears on the registration. I'm guessing either the landlord or the agency don't want to pay this.

From the PRTB website:

What are the registration fees ? TOP
    The following fees are applicable to the registration of tenancies:

A. If the tenancy commencement date is on or after the 1st January 2011

€90 per tenancy provided the completed application to register is received by the PRTB within one month from the tenancy commencement date.

A late fee of €180 applies where an application to register a tenancy is received more than one month from the tenancy commencement date.

€375 (composite fee) for multiple tenancies in the one building being registered at the same time by the one landlord within one month of the commencement date of the first tenancy. If, in the 12 months following the payment of a composite fee, one of the tenancies included in the set of multiple tenancies ends and a new tenancy is created, the application to register that new tenancy does not have to be accompanied by a fee provided it is made within one month of the commencement of that tenancy.

No fee is payable where two payments in respect of the tenancy have been made to the Private Residential Tenancies Board in the previous 12 months. No fee is payable for an update of details of a tenancy already registered. The fees have not changed in line with inflation since the PRTB was established in 2004.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

RESIDENTIAL TENANCIES ACT 2004

143.—A person who, in purported compliance with section 134 or 139, furnishes information to the Board which is false or misleading in a material respect knowing it to be so false or misleading or being reckless as to whether it is so false or misleading is guilty of an offence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭ladysarah

it can be nack dated but they have to pay sn additional ninety euros

Advertisement