Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Maths and exam papers

• 07-02-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I am just wondering if there is any website that explains how the ordinary level leaving cert maths questions are done step by step. I am in 6th year and I still can't get used to project maths because it wasnt taught to me in junior cycle and I find the wording of the questions very obscure. I really need help at this point because my maths teacher isn't the best and I can't afford grinds. Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

The whole point of Project Maths is that students don't just learn how to do questions by following a set of instructions. This doesn't really test your understanding of Maths, just how well you've practiced exam questions. Every exam question is supposed to be different from what has gone before. Ideally, you should have been learning to solve problems by applying what Maths skills you've got to the problem.

Have a good look here: http://www.ncca.ie/en/Curriculum_and_Assessment/Post-Primary_Education/Project_Maths/Resources/Student_Zone_.html

There are loads of printable booklets on here for strands 1 - 4. These questions are put together by the NCCA, who designed the new curriculum, so they are the best place to study from. Print them off and work your way through them over the next few months. Bring anything you're stuck on to your Maths teacher. They should be referring to this website as it is.

Advertisement