Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else lonely this Valentines?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I'll be a bit annoyed that I'm not getting any...I'll just sit in and watch arrested development again.

Otherwise tv will be all Rom coms and I'd rather sh*t in my hands and clap.

Being single is just like being married, you wouldn't be getting any either way :p.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭Mydayoff

Jesus, pre Valentines hype has started already? There's still a week to go! We'll be seeing the Valentine cards in the shops Stephens Day next!

Actually I've heard quite a lot about over the last week, so thought it was close enough to post it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Being single is just like being married, you wouldn't be getting any either way :p.

If I had a boyfriend I'd get it every day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Shiner11 wrote: »
    Lonely this Valentines day? Yes, the same as every other day.

Does it bother me? No.

Anyone want to do me the honour of being my pancake this pancake day?

If you don't get any better offers I'll let you make me a pancake. I don't think I'd be much good at actually being one :/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I will be spending my Valentine's day in the company of 9 other men!

No it's not the All Ireland Soggy Biscuit Championship Final, I'll be playing 5 a side as we do every Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Also, Die Hard comes out on valentines day. Perfect. Single, but that's a good day by any standards.

I'm tempted to go on my own.:O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

Why don't ya just masturbate furiously thinking of the girls you love........................

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    Why don't ya just masturbate furiously thinking of the girls you love........................

What's with all the anger trout? Do it nice and gently, wax on, wax off like Mister Miyagi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

no, but i hope all my ex-girlfriends are

It's really hard to get a clear image of them in my head while masturbating, without ever having seen them naked. If I recently sensed their touch, presence close to me it would be easier to do so. I may masturbate though.. but as I said, I will be going out

• Advertisement

indough wrote: »
    no, but i hope all my ex-girlfriends are

You hope all your ex girlfriends are what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I think Valentines day is just one big con. My husband and I both hate it but we bought each other gifts and cards for the first few years of our relationship and then we had a chat and decided to stop bothering with it.

I'd much rather get a bunch of flowers or an unexpected gift some other day of the year because he actually wanted to make a romantic gesture not one he felt obligated to do.

I'm not knocking it for people who enjoy the whole thing but we just hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

I've been single for years, and happy that way. For me, Valentine's Day is an excuse to get all tarted up and hit the town. This year, I'm working til ten. My friends are all in relationships or working early the next day. So I'll spend Val's Day alone, the fact that I don't have a man on Val's Day doesn't bother me, but the fact that after work, I get home and crack open a lonely can by myself, without being surrounded by all my single friends, does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm sure there's loads of speed dating crap on for lonely people.

Actually.. you're right. I think I might make a slide show selection of photos taken from the facebook pages of the girls I desire. And then masturbate furiously. Usually after doing it once, I don't desire to fab again. Hopefully on Valentines, that won't be the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Nope, won't be lonely.

Obviously I don't want to be on my own for the rest of my life but single life is ok for now.

I've made the mistake in the past of getting into relationships with women just for the sake of being with someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

If you're feeling lonely and unloved this Valentine's day, just remember, no one loves you any other day of the year either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

OP you are lonely because of a day which is now just a commercial reason to hike flower & restaurant prices? even if you get a card you'll never know who sent it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

It'll be a bit shít, but only because I'm just out of a relationship and it would have been out anniversary a few days after Valentine's Day.

But I wouldn't want the alternative either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Definitely stealing that.

Also, Die Hard comes out on valentines day. Perfect. Single, but that's a good day by any standards.

A Good Day To DIE HARD!

YEAOW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,204 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

A Good Day To DIE HARD!

YEAOW! yippee kay yay muthafcuker

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Nope, but that's because I don't recognise Valentine's Day as a legitimate holiday or milestone in my relationship. My boyfriend thinks I'm weird but he's perfectly happy to go along with my beliefs. :pac:

A Good Day To DIE HARD!

YEAOW!

If I don't feel like masturbating at the time, I think I might actually go see DIE HARD!

It'll be a bit shít, but only because I'm just out of a relationship and it would have been out anniversary a few days after Valentine's Day.

But I wouldn't want the alternative either.

Just go on the lash with your mates, you'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Mydayoff wrote: »
    This valentines day is going to hurt, knowing that a lot of the girls I fancy will be getting screwed
    Oh just book a prostitute already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

This valentines day is going to hurt, knowing that a lot of the girls I fancy will be getting screwed
    Oh just book a prostitute already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ill be single but i wont be lonely. I've never been a fan of Valentines Day when i was in a relationship anyway. So no i wont be lonely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Madam_X wrote: »
    Ah dude... that makes me sad. :(

Try to take comfort in the fact that - ironically - you're not alone. :)
    Don't overthink Valentine's Day - there are happy couples every day of the year, so why mope over just one? :pac:

You're only 24/25. I know you think you're well auld now... but, well, it's a hell of a lot better than 54/55.

I appreciate the kind words of reassurance, but I'm actually 23 (I was two months old on my first Valentine's Day!)
    You've just inadvertently made me feel even older now! :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

You hope all your ex girlfriends are what?

Pancakes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'll be stuck eating left over pancakes blasting this on repeat:

Advertisement