Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else lonely this Valentines?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

To avoid sitting in on my own and crying into my pillow all night, myself and my singles friends are going for a meal and cocktails.
    So there'll be no crying into any pillows:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

blacklilly wrote: »
    To avoid sitting in on my own abs crying into my pillow all night, myself and my singles are going for a meal and cocktails.

Not until you get home anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

To avoid sitting in on my own abs crying into my pillow all night, myself and my singles are going for a meal and cocktails.

Could be worse, you could be biting the pillow :P

Don't you have a cat to keep you company? (no smutty jokes please) Are you back on good terms with your housemates?

Not until you get home anyway!

Positive thinking, sure at least I'll be having some form of cock that night:)

kfallon wrote: »

Could be worse, you could be biting the pillow :P

Don't you have a cat to keep you company? (no smutty jokes please) Are you back on good terms with your housemates?

I dislike cats.
    I've moved house, living with a friend from school so its all good on that front

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Be glad you are single. I'd say there are only a small percent of couples who are soulmates and match and gel perfectly together. Relationships have their ups and downs and those coulpes who are soulmates overcome problems easily.

Other couples, I'd say many put on a show in front of others and they wouldn't cross the road to p1ss on each other if they were on fire. They would gladly sit back and watch their partner burn.

They are some good people in the world who are good, honest people but they are few and far between. The rest are rotten with their toxic behaviour and there's many bad traits.

The words 'I love you' can be the biggest lie some people say while they turn around and hurt the very one they claim to love with lies and deceit and other hurtful behaviour. And many justify their actions with more bullsh1t and keep their partner in the dark for as long as possible.
    'I want to eat the cake, fling you the crumbs and stamp up and down on them'.

Be glad you are single. Be glad.

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Be glad you are single. I'd say there are only a small percent of couples who are soulmates and match and gel perfectly together. Relationships have their ups and downs and those coulpes who are soulmates overcome problems easily.

Other couples, I'd say many put on a show in front of others and they wouldn't cross the road to p1ss on each other if they were on fire. They would gladly sit back and watch their partner burn.

They are some good people in the world who are good, honest people but they are few and far between. The rest are rotten with their toxic behaviour and there's many bad traits.

The words 'I love you' can be the biggest lie some people say while they turn around and hurt the very one they claim to love with lies and deceit and other hurtful behaviour. And many justify their actions with bullsh1t.

The above is one of the most depressing posts I've read. I'll be crying into my pillow tonight

The words 'I love you' can be the biggest lie some people say while they turn around and hurt the very one they claim to love with lies and deceit and other hurtful behaviour. And many justify their actions with bullsh1t.

Didn't you write 'The Lovers Guide' :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭Bad Santa

I'll be with Cillian Murphy and Tim Roth for the evening (along with a few hundred other people) Broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Christ, who pissed in your cheerios?

• Advertisement

The above is one of the most depressing posts I've read. I'll be crying into my pillow tonight

I'm already in tears :( Maybe those of us who are single should have a 'Pillow Party' on Thursday and we can have a right good ball for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

The hatred is strong in this one.

I'm already in tears :( Maybe those of us who are single should have a 'Pillow Party' on Thursday and we can have a right good ball for the night

Sounds like amazing fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ah Jesus, thats just depressing.

Christ, who pissed in your cheerios?
    Sky King wrote: »
    The hatred is strong in this one.

I reckon the spot on her arse is back...... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

The words 'I love you' can be the biggest lie some people say while they turn around and hurt the very one they claim to love with lies and deceit and other hurtful behaviour. .

tbf most men just say this cause the woman is after saying it, and if we dont then theres no nookie - I wouldnt call it deceit, more "obligation"

tbf most men just say this cause the woman is after saying it, and if we dont then theres no nookie - I wouldnt call it deceit, more "obligation"

Men are starting to develop emotions though, its taken millions of years but they're finally developing into proper humans

Tbh only half the sentence is spoken by men, "I love you...." then the statement is finished in the mind, ".....on me cock!" :P

Men are starting to develop emotions though, its taken millions of years but they're finally developing into proper humans

You're right, noticed it even with myself, nearly cried yesterday when Fago fell at the second last, cost me a treble :(

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

Did stalkers kill off the Secret Admirer? Oh the days of cards slipped into the schoolbag, with badly disguised handwriting that'd be analysed to shreds over cigarettes in the bike sheds. Consoling each other with the hope of the afternoon post... that scrawly citeóg with the blue biro could have been a ride.

Isn't it boring when it's all so expected?

*sighs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Those replies were brillant folks. There were so funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

yes, we have come a long way since the days of clubbing a woman over the back of the head and dragging her into the cave...

still though, valentines day back then would have been pretty straight forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

I'm lonely every day.

Ah no I don't care. I was with someone last year on Valentines and wasted too much money on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

That small percentage you speak of is 0%. There is no such thing as soulmates; there cannot possibly be. Even if there was one perfect person in the world for you, what are the odds that, out of the nearly 7 billion people on the planet, you'd ever actually meet them?

The whole idea of soulmates is for deluded saps who believe Hollywood movies are how real relationships actually work. There's no such thing as the "right" person; only people who are less wrong for you than others.

However....

The words 'I love you' can be the biggest lie some people say while they turn around and hurt the very one they claim to love with lies and deceit and other hurtful behaviour. And many justify their actions with more bullsh1t and keep their partner in the dark for as long as possible.

....there is no reason whatsoever to tell people who are sad and lonely that they should be glad to be single. I'm sure plenty of single people love the single life but a lot more get lonely and would just like someone to share at least some part of their lives with.

I'm not delusional; I know there's no such thing as the perfect person. That doesn't mean I still don't feel incredibly lonely and unattractive a lot of the time and wish I had someone who looked at me and wasn't instantly repulsed by what they saw. Even if just for a few weeks.

You don't need to buy into the fake Hollywood version of "love" or romance to want the real life version in your life someday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭Bad Santa

Stop reading the Cork Independent ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Captain Graphite, you sound like quite the catch.

Did you copy & paste that from your online dating profile?

C'mon man, quit with the doom and gloom.

Anyone else still waiting on the PM from blacklily inviting us to the Pillow Party??
    Wonder if it'll be a BYOP 'do'?

Anyone else still waiting on the PM from blacklily inviting us to the Pillow Party??
    Wonder if it'll be a BYOP 'do'?

It was your suggestion, get organising!

It was your suggestion, get organising!

I can't cover the demand for pillows! Plus ye only want a bit of an ould cry, if ye come round mine ye'll end up suicidal :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Captain Graphite, you sound like quite the catch.

Did you copy & paste that from your online dating profile?

C'mon man, quit with the doom and gloom.

Pfft, no point in having an online dating profile. Just a convenient way for people to tell lies about themselves!

Advertisement