Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer Services won't talk to me

Options
  • 07-02-2013 9:19pm

My father was recently taken into hospital after falling ill and is very confused. He lives alone and is being transferred to a nursing home permanently.
    We tried ringing Electric Ireland to get his bill paid and the electricity disconnected but they refused to speak to us as we were not the account holder. Since the account holder is unable to take any actions, should we just leave it untill enough unpaid bills pile up and the electricity is then disconnected?
    Am now thinking about switching my own account to another provider due to the severely bad customer service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Derek,

We are very sorry to read about your father falling ill. We can understand your frustration at being unable to speak with a telephone advisor re his account; this is because of the need to comply with Data Protection, however if you private message me his Electric Ireland account number and his name/address in full, as well as his date of birth, we will see what we could do at this juncture.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement