Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIS disallowed

• 07-02-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me figure out what has happened with my application. This is the history (apologies in advance if it is long winded!)

My renewal was 1st September so I sent in the relevant documents. At the beginning of December I got a letter saying the application was disallowed as my means exceeded the amount for a family of my size. I am a single parent to one child and I went part time at work in August 2011. I figured they used my 2011 P60 to calculate my weekly wage which would explain the crazy figure they came up with. I rang their office in a panic and explained things to a nice guy and because I was on hold so long I was able to send an email also. He said that I didn't need to do anything and he would forward my email to the correct department and I would hear in a week or so.

Two weeks later I got another letter which I'm convinced was just a photocopy of the first one with an amended date on the top! I was panicking big time at this stage so I photocopied every single monthly payslip from August 2011 to date, took copies of bank statements, printed the email i sent to FIS, drafted a letter and sent it to the social welfare appeal office in D'Olier Street. I got a letter from them after Christmas saying they have sent everything back down to Longford. 

After a month of not hearing anything I got on to my local TD to see if he can get any answers. I am just off the phone with his office and was told FIS are upholding their decision and it is still disallowed! Now I have to appeal again but they will do it on my behalf. Panic has now turned to anger as I am waiting 6 months for the renewal and now I'll probably have another couple of months to wait. 

These are my figures, which are the exact same as last year when my FIS was granted;

Monthly wages €993.21×12= 11,918.52 ÷ 52 = €229.20 per week
    OPFP (2012) €162.80
    229.20 + 162.80 = 392
    506 - 392 = 114
    114 × 60% = 68.4

Could someone shed some light on why I keep being refused? Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

that makes no sence to at all, have you had a decrease in wages? Thats why i was refused, they didnt take my new wages, they took an average of the previous 42 weeks which put me a euro over 505 per week when you add in my partners btea.
    Have they given you any reason, when i called the lady explained it all to me over the phone even though i was in tears.
    What is you td saying?
    Is there maintance? Or any other income? Are they saying you'd be better off with social welfare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    that makes no sence to at all, have you had a decrease in wages? Thats why i was refused, they didnt take my new wages, they took an average of the previous 42 weeks which put me a euro over 505 per week when you add in my partners btea.
    Have they given you any reason, when i called the lady explained it all to me over the phone even though i was in tears.
    What is you td saying?
    Is there maintance? Or any other income? Are they saying you'd be better off with social welfare

They only tell you this if you/partner are already in receipt of jobseekers and you/family would lose money by transferring to FIS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

How many hours do u work a week. I think you have to work 19+ hours a week to qualify

I presume from the wages the OP does 25 hrs per week.

I really can't see why they would refuse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Feb10

They are using my 2011 P60 to work out my weekly wages. I was working full time for 8 months of 2011. I have explained this twice in letters and phoned them but no one is listening to me. What should have been a straight forward renewal has turned into an absolute nightmare. I have to appeal again which will probably take months! Im at the end of my tether. I work 20hrs per week and my circumstances are the same as last year.

• Advertisement

You need to get onto a TD ASAP, get them in your corner, dont let them close you renewal what ever you do. Tell them you want in writing exactly where it says they should use these figures for your renewal and not the figures you sent in.

Thats like disallowing you JSA this year because you were working in 2011!

Try getting a letter from your boss saying why your hours were cut and that there is no hope of full time hours again in the next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Feb10

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You need to get onto a TD ASAP, get them in your corner, dont let them close you renewal what ever you do. Tell them you want in writing exactly where it says they should use these figures for your renewal and not the figures you sent in.

Thats like disallowing you JSA this year because you were working in 2011!

Thats my biggest fear, that they will use this as an excuse to get out of paying me the arrears that are owed since 30th August 2012! Thats a really good point wmpdd3 about the JSA and just about sums up the whole situation.

Advertisement