Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tandem cycling in Drogheda.

• 07-02-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I’m looking for someone who enjoys cycling to try something a bit different.

I absolutely love cycling but because I can’t see, I use a tandem. Ordinarily, I’d cycle with my wife but she’s busy with college and other things for the next six months or so.

I’m looking for a pilot. I.e., someone who sits on the front of a tandem.

For anyone who doesn’t know, a tandem is a bike for two people. Each person contributes equally to peddling. The person on the front, called the pilot steers and the person on the back called a stoker can provide additional power when on flats or hills. Mainly because of the lack of wind resistance.

Up until October I was cycling about four times a week. The distances were between 22KM and 30KM.

I’d love to increase my mileage. So if you are interested in cycling give me a shout. A stationary exercise bike just isn’t the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

what size is the tandem ,i ride a 51cm bike .where are you based.
    pm me.i ride solo these days more into touring than road stuff ,depending on the weather i will cover between 25 and 50 miles average speed 13mph riding solo my days of riding fast in groups are well gone.
    never rode a tandem but my friend does but he usually does it with his son.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭digitaldarragh

Sizing for a tandem is a little different and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what size it is. Sounds like your roughly the same height as me though. I'm around 5/6 and my wife is about the same.

I would guess that this is around 53. As someone said to me once, His body position on it wasn't absolutely upright but it wasn't agressive either.

I'll PM you shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭EdRedbird

I’m looking for someone who enjoys cycling to try something a bit different.

I absolutely love cycling but because I can’t see, I use a tandem. Ordinarily, I’d cycle with my wife but she’s busy with college and other things for the next six months or so.

I’m looking for a pilot. I.e., someone who sits on the front of a tandem.

For anyone who doesn’t know, a tandem is a bike for two people. Each person contributes equally to peddling. The person on the front, called the pilot steers and the person on the back called a stoker can provide additional power when on flats or hills. Mainly because of the lack of wind resistance.

Up until October I was cycling about four times a week. The distances were between 22KM and 30KM.

I’d love to increase my mileage. So if you are interested in cycling give me a shout. A stationary exercise bike just isn’t the same.

I am always piloting.. bring it on ;)

Advertisement