Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how many history essays to learn?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

hello people,
    can anybody help me?do you know how many history essays you need to learn for junior cert higher level history?my mocks are coming up in a week and im not sure what exactly to study so how many essays should I learn and what are they? :confused::D thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

hello people,
    can anybody help me?do you know how many history essays you need to learn for junior cert higher level history?my mocks are coming up in a week and im not sure what exactly to study so how many essays should I learn and what are they? :confused::D thanks

Essays or People in history, for people in history you should know 20 over all the topics combined. Be able to give 8 relevant facts.

Essays as in accounts you should be able to give 6 relevant facts on the major events in a chapter

Events that lead to the American War of Independance etc.

Take a look at your book and mark the key events of each chapter

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

What I'm gonna study are Luther, Columbus, Wolfe Tone, and an Early christian monk. Teacher told me this should cover what comes up usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Yeh i already did my history mocks, it wasn't so hard. When you get your paper go straight to long questions, especially the essays that have a lot of marks. Don't fret over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Leopard_Star

okay thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Essays or People in history, for people in history you should know 20 over all the topics combined. Be able to give 8 relevant facts.

Essays as in accounts you should be able to give 6 relevant facts on the major events in a chapter

Events that lead to the American War of Independance etc.

Take a look at your book and mark the key events of each chapter

Hi,
    Is there anywhere where I can find out who these 20 people are?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

my teacher gave me A list,It has most of the things ill post it later

my teacher gave me A list,It has most of the things ill post it later

Thanks a million!

depends what grade your after.
    History is one of the easier JC subjects to predict. Common sense should get you a C no bother :P

sotisme wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is there anywhere where I can find out who these 20 people are?
    Thanks
    This list is for higher level...
    1.A farmer in ancient(pre-Christian) Ireland
    2.A monk in a medieval monastery
    3.A knight in a medieval manor
    4.A craftsman in a medieval town
    5.A serf living on a medieval manor
    6.A lord/Lady in a Medieval manor
    7.A named Renaissance painter/sculptor/inventor/scientist/writer/patron
    8.A named religious reformer at the time of the reformation
    9.Archaeologist at work
    10.A named leader on a voyage of discovery(eg Columbus)
    11.A farm labourer during the agricultural Revolution
    12.A unionist living in Ireland who opposed home rule in the early 20th century
    13.A person living in northern ireland during World War 2
    14.A named leader in the struggle for irish independence, 1900-1923(eg Michael Collins)
    15.A named leader in a crisis during the rise of the superpowers(the cold war) ((The Berlin Blockade,Cuban missile crisis or The Korean War))
    16.A named renaissance painter outside of italy(e.g Albert Durer)
    17.Architecture,Literature,Science & Medicine and Sculpture during the renaissance
    18.The 1916 rising
    19.Cumann na nGaedhael in Government 1923-1932
    20.Sean Lemass(A named political leader in Ireland 1960-1985)
    21.Maximillian robespierre and the ''Reign of Terror''
    22.Operation Barbarossa
    23.Early german success in World War 2(september 1939-April 1940)
    24.Life in britain during World War 2..

Im sure there is more but that is all we got for a list on People In History Question for our mocks.Hope this helps :D

depends what grade your after.
    History is one of the easier JC subjects to predict. Common sense should get you a C no bother :P

Im after an A and I find it as the hardest subject because there are so many dates and so many people in history essays to learn :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You don't need to know the exact dates.

You would get exactly the same marks for
    Leonardo da Vinci was born in Italy in 1452
    as you would for
    Leonardo was born in Vinci in the 1400s
    or
    Leonardo was a painter and sculptor born during the Renaissance.

Each of the above would get an SRS mark

This list is for higher level...
    1.A farmer in ancient(pre-Christian) Ireland
    2.A monk in a medieval monastery
    3.A knight in a medieval manor
    4.A craftsman in a medieval town
    5.A serf living on a medieval manor
    6.A lord/Lady in a Medieval manor
    7.A named Renaissance painter/sculptor/inventor/scientist/writer/patron
    8.A named religious reformer at the time of the reformation
    9.Archaeologist at work
    10.A named leader on a voyage of discovery(eg Columbus)
    11.A farm labourer during the agricultural Revolution
    12.A unionist living in Ireland who opposed home rule in the early 20th century
    13.A person living in northern ireland during World War 2
    14.A named leader in the struggle for irish independence, 1900-1923(eg Michael Collins)
    15.A named leader in a crisis during the rise of the superpowers(the cold war) ((The Berlin Blockade,Cuban missile crisis or The Korean War))
    16.A named renaissance painter outside of italy(e.g Albert Durer)
    17.Architecture,Literature,Science & Medicine and Sculpture during the renaissance
    18.The 1916 rising
    19.Cumann na nGaedhael in Government 1923-1932
    20.Sean Lemass(A named political leader in Ireland 1960-1985)
    21.Maximillian robespierre and the ''Reign of Terror''
    22.Operation Barbarossa
    23.Early german success in World War 2(september 1939-April 1940)
    24.Life in britain during World War 2..

Im sure there is more but that is all we got for a list on People In History Question for our mocks.Hope this helps :D

Thanks so much! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Im after an A and I find it as the hardest subject because there are so many dates and so many people in history essays to learn :(

My teacher told us that you dont need to know dates as they will give you full marks if statement is correct and you dont have date but if you say the wrong date they wont award full marks

eg: during the Ulster plantation, a turning point in the success of the English was due to the Battle of Kinsale

but if you say: during the Ulster plantation, a turning point in the success of the English was due to the Battle of Kinsale in 1608 (right date is 1601)
    then they wont give you full marks

Bluestrike wrote: »
    My teacher told us that you dont need to know dates as they will give you full marks if statement is correct and you dont have date but if you say the wrong date they wont award full marks

eg: during the Ulster plantation, a turning point in the success of the English was due to the Battle of Kinsale

but if you say: during the Ulster plantation, a turning point in the success of the English was due to the Battle of Kinsale in 1608 (right date is 1601)
    then they wont give you full marks
    Thank you :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You won't lose marks for the wrong date, not at Junior Cert..

Advertisement