Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TSMs- how demanding are they?

• 07-02-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

I'm thinking of applying for a TSM in music and psychology this year and I'm wondering whether there's anyone out there who has done this combination or something similar?

My main worry is that it'll be too demanding; my other option is to just do music on its own, but I'd love to study psychology as well. Other than that combination, I would consider doing music with either philosophy, modern Irish or French.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

well you'd do well to talk with someone who is on the psych course because i've spoken to people who regretted signing up, it wasn't what they thought it was going to be.
    in terms of the demand of a TSM - it is heavy but no worse that a good assault on a single hons course and depending on your topics it might be fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

I'd recommend talking to someone who is doing one or both, but from what I've heard on the wind, those are two of the more challenging TSM subjects, as instead of getting half the contact hours of each like most TSM subjects, you take most/all of the same hours as the single honours Music or Psychology students (I'm open to correction here, but this is just what I have heard) - there is a difference in assessment but it's still pretty intense.
    TSMs in general are more or less on a par with any other course in a similar field really.

Advertisement