Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injecting files & folders into an ISO prior to burning.

Options
  • 07-02-2013 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Has anyone had any success in doing this? Any suggestions on how I'd go about doing it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

An ISO is just a disk image file format.

Are you talking about data dvds, or video dvds?
    Are you looking to re-author a DVD, eg. add menus or the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

An ISO is just a disk image file format.

Are you talking about data dvds, or video dvds?
    Are you looking to re-author a DVD, eg. add menus or the like?

Thanks for the reply. I should have elaborated more in my opening post.

I bought and installed Acronis True Image 2013 on my Windows 7 machine.
    As with previous versions of the software you can create an ISO that when burned to a CD R or DVD R results in a bootable disc. I have this part done.

In a text file I have the serial number of the software, I also have the user manual in *.pdf format, and I have the True Image installer *.exe

What I want to do is create a bootable True Image disc that also contains a folder with the files I've listed above in it - that way I have both options on one disc.

I am familar with 7-Zip and have often used it in the past to extract the contents of an ISO. What I am looking for is something free that can be used to rebuild the ISO once I have added the folder to it and that maintains the ISO's bootable functionality when it is burned to disc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Try magic iso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

The Th!ng wrote: »
    I am familar with 7-Zip and have often used it in the past to extract the contents of an ISO. What I am looking for is something free that can be used to rebuild the ISO once I have added the folder to it and that maintains the ISO's bootable functionality when it is burned to disc.
    It's not that it's an ISO that makes it bootable, it's what's contained in the ISO. Once there is a boot image in it, it will boot, you can add whatever you like to it.
    In theory, someone correct me if I'm wrong, you should be able to extract your ISO files to a folder using 7zip for example, add whatever files you want to that folder & simply burn the contents of that folder to a disk. It saves messing about with ISO burners.
    A computer booting off a cd won't see an ISO image, it will see files & folders.

Advertisement