Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next Assassin's Creed

• 07-02-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I know it has been mentioned in the Assassin's Creed III thread but no point in derailing that conversation.

I seem to be in the minority around here but I loved ACIII. The setting was amazing, some of the missions were great and there was lots and lots of things to do. So I am already excited for the next game in the series. So we know that the next game will have a new setting and a new playable character. There are already rumours circulating that it will be called Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and feature pirates and co-op.

The pirates angle sounds very interesting because the naval missions in ACIII were great. Plus I'd assume with the time and money spent developing those mechanics they would want to leverage that investment as much as possible. So I'd be very surprised if there was no naval action in the new game.

As for settings I would like to see the Mayan Civilisation could be a good setting. It would also probably allow them to bring back the tree traversal from ACIII. Also with the arrival of the Spanish Conquistadors it would be the ideal opportunity for naval sections. The game could be a mix of Assassin's Creed and Apocalypto :)

Tell us what you want to see in the new game. What new setting? What should issues should they address?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I want Paris!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Chinpool wrote: »
    I want Paris!

Just to climb the Eiffel Tower I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just to climb the Eiffel Tower I assume?

Yep. And Notre Dame. City is perfect for an AC game with the catacombs too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭apache

Great stuff. I'd love to see another one.

Victorian london would be great. In AC3 they mentioned about one day going back to the start of civilisation - cave man time!

I'm a big fan of AC but I'd really like to see less glitches. Its such a complex environment though that it must be very difficult to perfect.

American history I have a great interest in so I loved the american revolution in AC3. Very biased though in favour of the British. Sickenely so in some parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭apache

Or old and new Edinburgh with life above ground and life below in the tunnels :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I just didnt like the American Revolution setting of AC3 hopefully we'll see the next game set in a more interesting era of history.

France during the Napoleonic era might be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Japan.
    You could be a Samurai :D

Surprised they haven't went there yet. It could still even fit the timeline.

Just base it around the fall of the Samurai.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

They're really churning these out now, aren't they? That'll be 5 games in 5/6 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

AC in Nazi Germany.

I also want to see Animception, getting into an Animus while in an Animus.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm just playing ACIII now and it's just plain tedious, I'm finding it a chore to pick up. The series seems to have really lost it's way by adding more and more ****e. Say what you will about the repetitive intelligence gathering bits of the first game, the assassinations themselves, and the chase afterwards, were great. More stabby stabby less book keeping please.

In terms of setting I wouldn't mind a more modern setting, postwar Berlin or even something more out there like cyberpunk. Forget how it fits into the silly story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Revelations was awful and I didn't even finish 3. Really hope Ubi turns this series around.

Yeah, I just skipped Revelations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They really need to take a year or two off, in my opinion. I'm a huge fan and really liked AC3 for the most part, but its getting a bit overkill at this stage. Not to mention how rushed and glitchy AC3 ended up being, which annoyed a lot of fans.

Since this will be a new start in terms of both the historical story and the present day story, take a year or two off and really set things up right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

They could easily wrap the assassins story around Irish history. Going back to St. Patrick and the monks that followed him was one of the golden ages in Irish civilisation. The Monks were a different type of Christian to the Roman Catholic church and there was plotting to eliminate the Irish monks even though they basically maintained Christian civilisation while the rest of Europe crumbled into barbarianism after the fall of Rome. Places like Clonmacnois would have been big towns in their day with global trade links and the height of education. It would be a cool enough place to run around.

Even going forward to the civil war and war of independence you could put assassin stuff in their with Nazi collusion sub plots. Dublin would be almost as interesting as London outside of Londons large monuments. It would be easier to pull off and they'd probably be able to throw in a good few other cities around the country too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

:pac:
    blobby360 wrote: »
    Japan.
    You could be a Samurai :D

Surprised they haven't went there yet. It could still even fit the timeline.

Just base it around the fall of the Samurai.

Reminded me of these pics I seen, some amazing drawings
    All located here http://imgur.com/a/ZIsyX#YHRir

vnPgR.jpg
    PGNJv.jpg
    Sayl2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The last days of Czarist Russia. Imagine a mission where you have to assassinate Rasputin - it'd just keep going on and on.

I think that the fall of the empire, russian revolution, and first world war, would all be a great backdrop for an assassins vs templars plot. The Okhrana are obvious evil Templar pawns. If we look at a few years earlier (and previous AC games have taken place over long timeframes), you've also got the Tunguska event.

ScumLord wrote: »
    They could easily wrap the assassins story around Irish history. Going back to St. Patrick and the monks that followed him was one of the golden ages in Irish civilisation. The Monks were a different type of Christian to the Roman Catholic church and there was plotting to eliminate the Irish monks even though they basically maintained Christian civilisation while the rest of Europe crumbled into barbarianism after the fall of Rome. Places like Clonmacnois would have been big towns in their day with global trade links and the height of education. It would be a cool enough place to run around.

Even going forward to the civil war and war of independence you could put assassin stuff in their with Nazi collusion sub plots. Dublin would be almost as interesting as London outside of Londons large monuments. It would be easier to pull off and they'd probably be able to throw in a good few other cities around the country too.

Sure, but then there'd be the woeful Orish accents to endure. That said the voice work in AC3 isn't too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Assassins Creed vs. Aliens vs. Predators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I found assassin creed 3 boring and souless . Its being the same game over and over again with little to no changes. I said on the ac3 thread if ac3 doesnt wow me then i am done with the series. To me brotherhood was the last great ac game

Advertisement