Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do lintels/beams push up cost massively?

Options
  • 07-02-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭

We are looking at reconfiguring some rooms i.e opening them out into open plan. We have 2 possible ways of doing this and one includes knocking a load bearing wall. So we will need a beam. It would have to be to hold a wall at least 3.5 metres /12 feet or so. IS this going to add substantially to the ost? How substantially????:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

Would realy need to the wall in question but shouldnt really.
    The cost of the steel, some timber to shoot on to it maybe two slabs, one bag of skim, a skip for the old wall and two guys for two days,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Oh I see. My understanding was that lintels were quite expensive, and the work involved would be such that my other option of knocking down non load bearign wall would be far less expensive

Advertisement