Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla

Options
  • 07-02-2013 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, please be easy on me i'm new to this and the whole idea of Web building,

What i want is a fairly basic website, front page with a slideshow of about 10 images, a few tab's on top (About, Portfolio, Contact) and a link to my FB page.

So i got my domain and hosting from blacknight, downloaded joomla and filezilla, and got a bit going but for the life of me i can't figure out how to put my images into a folder to display on the site, can anyone throw me a few pointers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

TheItalian wrote: »

What i want is a fairly basic website, front page with a slideshow of about 10 images, a few tab's on top (About, Portfolio, Contact) and a link to my FB page.

So i got my domain and hosting from blacknight, downloaded joomla and filezilla, and got a bit going but for the life of me i can't figure out how to put my images into a folder to display on the site, can anyone throw me a few pointers?

I have not used joomla much, but this is pretty easy to do with wordpress and one of the commercially available templates that you find at the likes of themeforrest (approx $35 or so each). They generally tend to be well documented too, and often contain video tutorials for the less technical minded.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

When you login to joomla first you are in the "Control Panel" here you should see the "Media Manager"... you can jump right to it from the Site/Media Manager dropdown menu.

In the media manager you can upload new files. Below the list if files is a Upload File section with Browse & Start Upload buttons.

Then when you are creating articles there is an Image button to the bottom left that allows you to select an image from those uploaded. Actriually you can load additional images directly from here but I find the media manager is better because you can create and manage folders there to structure your various files.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

If you want to automate the slideshow addition I recommend DJ Image slider to do it. You just need to add a new Joomla module position (see here) usually above the content div inside the container, but again all templates are different. Then configure the component, set it's module position to your newly created position..

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭aceofspades.ie

TheItalian wrote: »

Hi just install joomla through blacknight backend...
    Unless your looking for better SEO options.. if so use blacknight filemanager to upload joomla zipped file to route directory and unpack but remember to setup database first....
    or just use blacknight install option.. plenty of free templates and slideshow components available... if stuck just goto youtube find joomla primers there..

Gluck

Advertisement