Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 replacment

Options
  • 07-02-2013 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Ok So i have come to realize that my iPhone 4 is on it's way out... the dock connector has pins missing from it meaning that it won't sync with any computer meaning i'm stuck on IOS 5.1.1 as i'm not updating to IOS 6 and not being able to jailbreak... also there is a tiny scratch on the screen (which annoys the :D out of me) . the approximation sensor is not working on the phone (keep hitting hold with my ear during calls) and the home button takes s fair aul whack to work at times..

i could prob replace the items for €50 or so without the screen but i generally find it's over 2 years old now and the battery isn't what it used to be and that..

i am with three and am fairly happy as i use their all you can eat data a lot which comes in handy... so prob sticking with them but want a 12 month contract max might go to 18 if i really have to..

but looking at the nexus 4 but it'll never become available to buy here retail so that's out and also the iphone 5 and galaxy s III..

Upon looking at the options the Galaxy S III on my current plan is 189 for 18 months while the iphone 5 is 419 on the same... now how the hell can 2 phones so close in spces and performance have such a big price difference

so what you guys think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

U_Fig wrote: »
    Ok So i have come to realize that my iPhone 4 is on it's way out... the dock connector has pins missing from it meaning that it won't sync with any computer... also there is a tiny scratch on the screen (which annoys the :D out of me) . the approximation sensor is not working on the phone and the home button takes s fair aul whack to work at times..

i could prob replace the items for €50 or so without the screen but i generally find it's over 2 years old now and the battery isn't what it used to be and that..

i am with three and am fairly happy as i use their all you can eat data a lot which comes in handy... so prob sticking with them but want a 12 month contract max might go to 18 if i really have to..

but looking at the nexus 4 but it'll never become available to buy here retail so that's out and also the iphone 5 and galaxy s III..

Upon looking at the options the Galaxy S III on my current plan is 189 for 18 months while the iphone 5 is 419 on the same... now how the hell can 2 phones so close in spces and performance have such a big price difference

so what you guys think
    s3

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

short and sweet i love it... ye really the more i'm looking into this it's starting to really become clearer the S3 is the best option.. i will miss a few things from IOS tho.. but i am looking what's the latest consensus on the Galaxy s IV? last i hear it might be out in march/april and if that was the case i'd hold on till then to see how that fairs up and start saving

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

Looks like the S4 will come out in late March or April. So I'd say it's worth the wait until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I think i'll wait my phone is not that bad off n 2 months won't kill me

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Nokia 820, time to experience a real smartphone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement