Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help! skinny 130lb 6ft 17 year old

Options
  • 08-02-2013 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1 skehno

Hi,
    i'm 17 years old and i'm 6ft and 130lbs
    i am underweight and i need a good food plan and workout plan. i would love if someone could help me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

OP how do you feel about milk and squats? bench and broccoli? deadlifts and salmon?

jugger0 wrote: »
    OP how do you feel about milk and squats? bench and broccoli? deadlifts and salmon?

Or all 3!

Seriously, the above is the key.

Eat loads of healthy food. Lift loads of heavy things.

It sounds easy, it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭EdRedbird

skehno wrote: »
    Hi,
    i'm 17 years old and i'm 6ft and 130lbs
    i am underweight and i need a good food plan and workout plan. i would love if someone could help me!
    I was always told to eat fatty cheeses before going to bed.. Metabolism is/was high they digest diferent. (I am not a nutritionist)
    Or you can start Fitnessing and using food supplement shakes.

I would not worry too much though .
    I am 6.3 and always been around the 140 LBS mark... But it will catch up with you ;)... 6.3 skinny and a gut looks stupid so thats the time to start working out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Or all 3!

Seriously, the above is the key.

Eat loads of healthy food. Lift loads of heavy things.

It sounds easy, it is.

Good advice, but one thing is that it won't be easy! :D

Another thing, 130 lbs at 6 foot is very light. There's no harm in having a bit of 'dirty' food like pizza, burgers etc when your skinny, provided you have a solid diet plan. Which would be comprised of:

Plenty of protein-eggs, beef, chicken, fish etc.

Plenty of good carbs-rice, potatos, fruit, vegetables.

Some fats-oil, nuts, fattier meat, peanut butter.

Drink a glass of milk with these kinds of meals and you'll be well on your way! Concentrate on getting enough nutritious food in, then worry about your workout programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Good advice, but one thing is that it won't be easy! :D

Another thing, 130 lbs at 6 foot is very light. There's no harm in having a bit of 'dirty' food like pizza, burgers etc when your skinny, provided you have a solid diet plan. Which would be comprised of:

Plenty of protein-eggs, beef, chicken, fish etc.

Plenty of good carbs-rice, potatos, fruit, vegetables.

Some fats-oil, nuts, fattier meat, peanut butter.

Drink a glass of milk with these kinds of meals and you'll be well on your way! Concentrate on getting enough nutritious food in, then worry about your workout programme.

Eh, the kid is 17, he's a testosterone producing machine! Easier at his age then when he's 30! OP The advice is good (although dirty bulking isn't the best idea when you can do it clean). Google GOMAD & Starting strength, learn how to lift properly & take it from there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

3 things

Learn how to cook and eat decent wholefoods. This will be important once you go to college. Too many students live on crap food.

Learn how to lift heavy weights correctly. Join a weightlifting club (that has coaching) or go see a decent strength and conditioning coach to get a program for a gym.

Join a gym that has a decent selection of olympic weights and has good opening times. If they have decent instructors, all the better. AND get a good training partner (maybe someone who knows what they're doing).

Advertisement