Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird facebook connect error. Getting redirected on a load of sites.

Options
  • 08-02-2013 1:22am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a weird error where if I go to certain sites (seems to be sites that use facebook connect) then after a second or so the site redirects to facebook which gives an error message. It only happens when I'm logged into facebook.

Example: http://news.yahoo.com/

Is anyone else getting this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Required Field

Happening me as well on sites like www.independent.ie

Tested out the link you shared and it happened also. I get redirected to facebook and "An error occurred. Please try later"

The sites it's happening on all seem to have a prominent log-in-with-Facebook or share-with-facebook stuff stamped all over them. I'm using Chrome and have Ad-Block Plus installed. I was wondering if that was the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Happening me too :( thought it was just the website I was on!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Seems to fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Seen that earlier alright, the headline is a little OTT.

• Advertisement
Advertisement