Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disability allowence Back pay

• 08-02-2013 4:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi i was accepted for disability allowence and will be payed 188 euros a week starting on the 20th of this month how does the backpay work i sent my application in on the 2/10/12 how much sould i get and when sould i get it
    If it matters i am just 16 years old
    (sorry for the bad english)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Icecold

I belive the corect term for back pay is arrears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

It could be quite a while until you get your arrears, but dont worry you will get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

In my experience, you'll get a cheque some time in the next few months (mine took three) and it should say on your approval letter when you're approved from. If it's from (it usually is) the date of application or thereabouts, you're looking at around ~€3500.

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

In my experience, you'll get a cheque some time in the next few months (mine took three) and it should say on your approval letter when you're approved from. If it's from (it usually is) the date of application or thereabouts, you're looking at around ~€3500.

About 14 weeks @ 188 is 2632. where are you getting 3500 from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

I make it 19 weeks to 12th Feb which is €3,572. You would get paid on the 20th Feb so it is 19 weeks to the week before 20th.

This assumes you weren't paid by CWO or as a dependant on any other claim.

• Advertisement

Thanks for responceing but sould i be getting paid from back when i got the condition and have proof of it? thanks very much for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

It will only be back dated to when you made the claim. If you requested for it to be backdated you would have to have given a reason why you didn't apply immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LK22

my son was awarded D.A this week also, first payment 27th Feb, his arrears are being backdated to when he turned 16, not when he made the claim, also the letter stated he would receive arrears in due course providing that he wasn't in receipt of any other sw
    payments, which he wasn't.

Hi LK22 why are your sons arrears backdated that far could mine be?

Also will i have to backpay on rent my dad keep saying no but he is the kinda guy who would just say that and pay himself which i would not like him to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LK22

Hi, icecold, my sons arrears are being backdated that far because he made the claim well in advance of his 16th birthday as advised, as these claims can take a long time to process, nearly a year in his case. regarding back paying rent to your dad, that I don't know, if you are only 16, why are you paying rent ? are you not a dependent of your dad untill your 18th birthday !

• Advertisement
Advertisement