Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrapping Fairings in Carbon fiber?(not Vinal)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

never done a carbon wrap this way but i have done vinyl on fairings and it was a pain in the Ass... but it does depend on the fairing, the hardest ones are the larger ones with loads of different curves,
    the carbon you get with the kit is fine for doing a car mirror, but try that with a side fairing, i think it would be very difficult to get it right as you would need to do several pieces, then lining them up so you cant see a seem, as well as mixing the epoxy etc... i think it creates more problems than it solves to be honest, and if it looks crappy when you are finished you will not get that off the fairing so its really a one shot method...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Iv decided I'm going to give this a go next month.

I think ill start by carbon fiber wrapping the kettle or something first though.

The fairings I have are in a sad state and I was planning on replacing them with Chinese knock offs.

Ill order the kit when i have some budget next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Iv decided I'm going to give this a go next month.

I think ill start by carbon fiber wrapping the kettle or something first though.

The fairings I have are in a sad state and I was planning on replacing them with Chinese knock offs.

Ill order the kit when i have some budget next month.

LOL, it'll look like Michael Schumachers kettle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭amacca

Cienciano wrote: »
    LOL, it'll look like Michael Schumachers kettle

Not a bad choice tho

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball and

If you can wrap a kettle (including spout) in carbon fibre successfully you can wrap anything in carbon fibre :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,408 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

This would be easier to put on.

urban-motorcycle-cam_600x0w.jpg

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

ninja900 wrote: »
    This would be easier to put on.

urban-motorcycle-cam_600x0w.jpg

Tempting....... :D

Advertisement